Needs some army wife advice

My husband left last week for basic training, and will be gone for 14 months. I find myself very depressed and it is also affecting my two year old son. My son knows that his daddy is gone, but doesn't understand why or where he went. He watches videos of his daddy every night, but still asks for him, or expects him to walk in the door which is also hard on me. Any advice on how to help my two year old cope, and any advice for me as well.

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 11:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• the Army has a sesame street DVD that is all about helping children cope with their parents leaving. you should be able to get ahold of one pretty easily. they are free so you wont have to worry about that. thats really all i know to tell you but if you have any more questions you can let me know and i will try to find out for bc i will probaly be able to find out easier than you since your husband doesnt have a unit yet.
    beckerswife1429

Answer by beckerswife1429 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 31, 2011