Have you ever had a friend who changed so much you felt like you didn't know her, but she still wanted to be friends?

I have a friend I grew up with who's 100% different than she was when we were younger. No crime in that. But she's totally foreign to me. I look at pictures of her and I feel like I'm looking at a mannequin. Her values are opposite mine now. I've spent time with her, and I really want to be a loyal friend, but I just feel like I don't know her or have anything in common with her, and we don't even click, like the person she is is someone I never would have been friends with. Again, not because I despise her, we're just different and probably would never walk in the same circles or even have an interest in each other.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Yeah I have a friend like that. We didn't grow up but we have been friends for quite a few years and shes done a 180 from when I use to know her. Don't get me wrong she's done a whole bunch of good changes for herself and her family, but I dunno things just seem so weird and awkward for me to talk to her. I wish things would go back to the way they were when first became friends but I know they won't and I've accepted it. I say still be friendly with her and such just kinda back off and let things go.
    Bird16_J

Answer by Bird16_J at 12:32 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yes, it happens...people change and grow apart...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Our families go way back and I feel like for some reason she values my friendship, but I feel kind of guilty because I don't feel like I care about her that much, at least not as much as she thinks. i feel horrible even saying that!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• People evolve, and so do friendships. Some friendships will weather the storm, and others will not. It's natural.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:09 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My best friend from high school has changed so much! She has 2 kids, yet parties every weekend, cheats on here husband, the list goes on and on. I am the complete opposite. I feel I'm a bit more mature than she is. I still love her, and most likely always will. But I've distanced myself. I haven't talked to her, texted her. I went as far as deleting her from fb bc it was way too much drama for my liking. There are days where I miss her, but honestly, we have nothing in common any more. It's sad, but people do change. Don't feel bad, it's just life.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:11 AM on Jan. 31, 2011