Are you nervous when you have to go on a little road trip by yourself?

I am.
It's really early here, not even 6 a.m. And yet again I have to drive 440 km to attend a class. It's not a terribly big journey and I'll be back by tonight, but still... I always set up everything I can, so that my hubby and daughter have an easy morning routine (lay out her clothes, set the alarm clock, write a note when she has to be at the daycarer's). And I always kiss her goodbye and write her a seperate note, that daddy will read to her (she's three). She'll keep that paper with her all day, which is really cute. But it's cold and freezing and crazy people on the streets all rushing to work. And I'm having that bad gut feeling ... like ... "What if that's the last time I see them both?" I HATE that! As soon as I'm in the car it's quiet alright, bc I tell myself, I have to focus and can't be distracted by things that haven't happened yet. Bc if I DO, something WILL happen! (Am I being dramatic or something?)
Okay, enough chit-chat. I needed that off my chest. Time to get going now! See you guys tonight!

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Travel

• Yeah, I have a hard time staying awake at the wheel, so I avoid long drives alone as much. I've never had to be away from my son all day thought, that would be really hard!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:06 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• No, but I know a few people who feel that way.....Road trips by myself are what I do to relax and recoup.....different strokes for different folks, as they say...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• No, but I've done a lot of travel on my own. Not a ton since getting married, but some. I do consider the fact that there's a chance this is my last time with them, and I make sure to give kisses and say I love you and all that, but its not a huge deal. But again, I've traveled cross country on my own.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:06 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Nope, my job has me on the road a few hours a day, about 140 miles total, and unless it's crazy windy & blizzard-y, I like that time. Maybe it helps that I'm on fairly quiet, back country roads?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• no I love the solitude!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 2:01 AM on Feb. 1, 2011