Gross medical question adult content

I'm prebnant and having bloody mucus in my stool. I have not been constipated and are still pretty regular. Does anyone know whats going on? (and so no one will ask, I do NOT have anal sex)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Health

• That would be worth a visit to the doctor for sure. Bloody stool can come from hemorrhoids or straining, but it's still worth getting seen. Is the consistency normal, or is it harder or runnier than usual?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You might have hemorrhoids and you are not getting enough fiber. Though your are regular, the stool you are passing may be aggravated by the hemorrhoids and making them bleed while you strain to push your stool out. It is definitely something you should bring up at your next OB appt or if it gets worse.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:14 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• IS the blood bright red, dark red, or black? Is it actually in it, or just on the outside and when you wipe? Sorry to get so graphic, but this can tell a lot about the origin of the blood.Regardless, especially with the mucus, you need to see a doctor. It could be from a variety of things, some minor, some more serious.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:16 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It's dark red and in it. Its different then hemorrhoids because I had those with my first. And they aren't hard or soft, a little firmer than tooth paste. Which is normal for me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think you definitely need to see a doctor ASAP. Best of luck!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:21 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yep I would say call your doc and make an appointment asap just to make sure that there isn't anything wrong! Good luck and I hope all turns out ok for you!
    Bird16_J

Answer by Bird16_J at 12:27 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I agree- I'd call your doctor. You can have internal hemmorhods that you dont' even know about that your stool could be iritating, but there could be other causes too. good luck!
    kelrn

Answer by kelrn at 12:57 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Go online and google it or call your docter b/c that is just good being preggo : (
    ohgoshism

Answer by ohgoshism at 2:14 AM on Jan. 31, 2011