Does anyone have the birth control mirena? Any of ya had any side effects or illness from this?

Kandice2010

Asked by Kandice2010 at 12:20 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Health

• The only side effect I've had is that I go through periods where I tend to bleed after sex pretty consistently. Also, I have super irregular periods, but then, I have those on my own anyway. Otherwise, I'm very happy with it, and I would recommend it to anyone who asked!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:21 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yea i have been have a period one month that last for a couple days then the next month i dont have one. i go to the doctor next week. i been havin pain in my side i think i might have cyst on my ovaries frm it. i love it tho. recommend it to anyone.
    Kandice2010

Comment by Kandice2010 (original poster) at 12:24 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I hated mine. I had it taken out after 4 months. During the entire time, I felt like I was pregnant, and the worst part of pregnancy, too, where I felt nauseous all the time. I didn't stop bleeing durint the entire 4 months, either, and it wasn't just spotting. It was a constant light trickle. It was terrible.

I finally had it taken out and felt better about 1 week after. it did not affect my fertility, as hubby and I got pregnant again 3 months after we started trying for #2.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:25 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I love mine from the start now im havin some health issues i dont know if its from that or my body changing. i just hope the doctor says everything fine with it..
    Kandice2010

Comment by Kandice2010 (original poster) at 12:28 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I have health issues not related to the Mirena. I have had mine for years and I love it. I have a period once every 4-5 months and it is pretty much one day of spotting.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:48 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i hope to find out next week whats goin on.
    Kandice2010

Comment by Kandice2010 (original poster) at 1:05 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Great for me light Period that lasts two days some cramps from it but so worth it. Took it off n I had no problem getting pregnant
    amparoortega

Answer by amparoortega at 2:02 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I got cramps with it within the few days and the cysts that I already hag got a little worse, but then calmed down with my hormones. on a positive note I don't get my period but maaaaybe twice a year.
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 9:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2011