CHILD ABUSE...ARE THE SENTENCES BAD ENOUGH?

Okay so i am FINALLY done crying.....I just watched the saddest most horriblest( a word?) videos on youtube... They were all about child abuse and they were showin little babies that have died and showed all the brusies and omg it was just horrible..makes me want to start crying again

DONT YOU THINK THE CHILD ABUSE LAWS NEED TO BE STRENGTHED?!?! THESE PEOPLE ARE BEATING AND MURDERING AND RAPING...YES RAPING ANYTHING FROM WEEK, MONTH OLD BABYS TO GROWN KIDS...

CONT.....

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Asked by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:47 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• You know, I was just reading a few such stories. I can't stand it. Baby Brianna, Baby P, Christopher Barrios... it breaks my heart and makes me sick. I wish the death sentence was used more in cases like this. You rape, beat and kill a achild, you shouldn't get three hots and a cot on our dime. Nope. Like a vicious dog, take it out back and SHOOT THE BEAST.

That sounds so hateful and it isn't like me, but I can't freaking stand it. Some of these monsters are the child's own parents. Little Brianna Lopez was raped and beaten every day of her five months here. Oh, sweet babies... I wish you had been mine. I would have loved you.
    Johns_Gal

Answer by Johns_Gal at 1:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• CONT...

there was a particular case that just killed me... a young baby, i think like 6 months died... they baby had brusies old and new LITERALLY from HEAD TO TOE...and was even raped repeaditaly (spll) BY HER OWN FAMILY!! the convicted were givin the max sentence which was ONLY 18YRS. AT THE TIME!! Does anyone else find this unbelievable and NO justice for the innocent victims....

This disturbs me beyond words...We need to get these laws strength..anyone who beats or rapes or murders a child needs to spend the rest of their pathetic lives in prison or on death row!!!

WHERE DO WE START TO GET SUCH THINGS HAPPENING??? I WANT TO PUT ALL MY ENERGY INTO THIS..WHERE DO I BEGIN? DOES ANYONE ELSE WANT TO START SOMETHING IN THEIR AREA?!?!?!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:48 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I think that death row is too easy for them!!! They need to be hung from their penis' from a tree and let somebody beat the hell out of them at the same time! There is too much abuse in this world and there will continue to be if the system does not strengthen up. But, I have heard that in prison and people find out who is a child molester/ abuser that they will kill them and not think twice about it!! There is justice after all!
    mrstharris06

Answer by mrstharris06 at 3:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i belive they should be harder laws ... i grew up in abuse and when i was 13 and i called DHS and CPS they said ok we will investigate .. they didnt they called my mother told her everything i said and somehow she stoppe dthem from coming but then she came home and beat the crap outta me til i was unconsious(SP?) when i came to my bedroom door was gone ... a story like the one you stateed would be liek in okc kelsey smith briggs was i think 2 and was killed after being abused for a while her dad came home from iraq to bury his daughter .. i have alway wished they would be harder i dont even know why it is a questionable subject ya know
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:17 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• here is her page http://kelsey-briggs.memory-of.com/About.aspx
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:20 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• && the OKC child services has not changed .. they are the ones that let me down and this little girl .. im scared to see how many mor ehave fallen threw the cracks
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:21 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I am friends with some people from B.A.C.A., I don't know if you have heard about them. It is Bikers Against Child Abuse, but anyway some of them that I know went to court on behalf of Kelsey.
    mrstharris06

Answer by mrstharris06 at 3:23 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Way too many have fallen through the cracks, and it is very sad!
    mrstharris06

• ive heard of them ... they showed up in OKC for kelsey and helped everyone get started with kelseys bears .... they raise money to give teddy bears to children removed from abusive homes ...
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:27 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yes they do. Their is several chapters here in OK. The ones I know is the 4 Corners chapter. They meet at the VFW in Perkins, and we really support everything they do. We have the stickers that they had made in memory of Kelsey on our doors. They meet once a month. It is a very good program that they offer, and I can get their contact information if you ever need it.
    mrstharris06

Answer by mrstharris06 at 3:34 AM on Nov. 15, 2008