i need help!!!!! if u have sumthing rude 2 say at all then keep it in ur mind! i dnt wanna hear it!!!

my daughter(krystal) has a bed time, shes in bed every nite by 9pm, but its 2am here in arkansas and shes been up all day n she wont go 2 sleep!!! shes 5 months old!!! wat the heck do i do!??? i wanna go 2 sleep! iv gotta get up early plus im a 17 year old single mom!! its hard enough on me!!! by the way she woke up at 8am!!! hasnt had a nap all day!!! any advise will be helpful!!

xkrystals.momx

Asked by xkrystals.momx at 3:00 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is there a physical reason why she isn't sleeping? Is she sick, hungry, teething, cold, hot, any of those things? Perhaps she is gassy or in pain somehow else? It would be helpful to know more.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:04 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• no. shes fine. she just wants 2 play. she screams if i dnt get on the floor n play with her. i cant even go pee!!! but thats normal.
    xkrystals.momx

Answer by xkrystals.momx at 3:07 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Been there done that! Okay.....a couple of suggestions.
    1. Try not to be frustrated. Babies pick up on that and react accordingly. Take a deep breath and try to stay calm.
    2. lay your baby down with you and don't make eye contact or talk and move as little as possible. If she thinks you are asleep she may fall asleep.
    3. Put her in her bed and let her fuss it out in 10 to 15 minute increments. Tough love isn't fun but it's sometimes necessary.
    I'm sure I've got lots more but try these first. Good luck and hopefully Good Night.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 3:07 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Hun you need to just put her in her room and shut the door. She will cry and cry and cry but will wear herself out and fall asleep eventually.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• It could be teething. Have you tried Tylenol. My daughter had similar problems. I read a book called the 90 Minute Sleep Solution by Dr. Polly Moore. It was about $10. It really helped. It taught me a lot about the importance of day sleep. My daughter wasn't sleeping during the day and, by night time, she was exhausted. She would cry and cry because she was overly tired. I know this doesn't help now but might help in the future.

jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:10 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I would try some Tylenol. Make the room conducive to sleep. Very quiet and dark. You could sing or read to her. The sound of your voice will be soothing. If she likes bathes, that might be relaxing to her. You could take her for a drive. My daughter usually comes down in a few minutes. If none of this works, then set her down in a safe place, and walk away for a few minutes. I have been in your shoes and sometimes a few minutes away is really important. You will be amazed at how refreshing it is.

Message me if you need anything. I have had so many long nights like this.
    jcsscfam5

• tried it. im not fustrated. im just gettin over the flu, so im really tierd!! thnx 4 all the advise thou.
    xkrystals.momx

Answer by xkrystals.momx at 3:10 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• wel, shes almost asleep now. i put in the movie OPEN SEASON n she layed down.
    xkrystals.momx

Answer by xkrystals.momx at 3:12 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• If she wants to play, try reading to her or putting her in a swing. A drive may really help. These are things that may be calming but still a little entertaining.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:12 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i dnt have a car. but iv tryed reading n singin it normally puts her rite 2 sleep. shes out now.!!! i put in a movie n it worked!!!
    xkrystals.momx

Answer by xkrystals.momx at 3:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2008