when does this happen?

I will try making as much sense as possible lol.

When is it normal to start getting contractions and going into labor? i know the best is like 37 weeks or after can you get them earlier and still go into labor? how often does that occur in pregnancies? like around 30 weeks or so?

*****IM NOT SAYING I WANT TO GO INTO LABOR BECAUSE I DON'T, I AM JUST WONDERING.****

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• happens a bit .. i went in to preterm labor and the stopped it before i dialated .. then my son was born 4 days late lol go figure huh lol .... i was 23 weeks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Generally unless there is a complication, when preterm labor hits your doctor will try to stop it. After 36 or 37 weeks however, they will most probably let is go and do its thing. I was seen 5 times for preterm labor between 17 and 35 weeks and all 5 times, they were able to stop it.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:27 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Is this your first or 2nd child? I started getting strong braxton hicks contractions around 20 weeks. You notice braxton hicks more in your 2nd pregnancy than your first. Toward the end of my pregnancy they would sometimes take my breath away. The most important thing was that they would come and go!
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:29 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Oh yeah and when I was having an ultrasound at 10 weeks, she kept saying "you're having a contraction, can you feel that?" I couldn't but it was practicing
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:30 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• this is my first pregnancy, and im not feeling any contractions or braxton hicks, i was just curious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• You may not notice them til the end then. I got contractions every time I had sex too, you may notice it then....your tummy will get tight
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:32 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• ive been getting pretty extreme tightness in my belly to where i have to bend forward a little bit in order to walk, and i have been getting an achy feeling in my stomach the past few days. right now i have light pain in my lower back.

not ligament feeling not gas, or anything like that. and its not the baby moving feeling. its different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Those are probably contractions. However, since they come and go, odds are they are Braxton Hicks. If you are concerned, try repositioning yourself and timing your contractions. If they don't get better with movement and they are consistent intervals, they may be the real deal. In that case, I was recommended to empty my bladder and then get a glass of water and lie down for about an hour and time them for that hour. If after an hour, they are still as I described above, contact your doctor or the hospital.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• yeah im pretty oblivious. lol

my family tends to push that everything is normal and people are dramatic. they are very judgmental people. (at the same time they don't even bother asking me HOW i am feeling.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• If you have to pee you will notice BH more as well
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:56 AM on Nov. 15, 2008