• In the Spotlight:

8 WEEK VISIT..

This is my first pregnancy and i was just wondering what can i expect in my 8week visit.. i'm only 5weeks at the moment... Oh and also I've read that the first trimester is the most important, so what can i do to insure my baby grows healthy?

sooblessed

Asked by sooblessed at 3:30 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• they will just ask questions make sure your taking your vitamins probably do a urine check blood pressure weight .. pretty much lol nothing .... mayeb an ultra sound to be sure how far along you are ...
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:32 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• get lots of rest, try to stay away from caffeine in the first trimester, eat healthy i started exercising which was good too.

my first appt, they took a urine sample, did a pap smear and a pelvic exam they did a transvaginal ultrasound, blood test, listened to the heart (idk if they will pick it up if you are only 8 weeks though probably though) ask you if you have questions, do a breast exam...i think thats all i got done.. :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:34 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My first visit was just a nurse visit. I got my vitals checked, they did a urine sample, talked about my cycle to help determine a due date and the like. I didn't see the doctor until my next visit. Eat well, exercise- walking is great. Try to quit any bad habits you may have and take steps to reduce your personal stress level. If a bath is one of your methods, most doctors will recommend water temperature below 100 degrees as much higher can be harmful to baby. Keep crackers or something similar in your room and eat some before you even try to get out of bed if morning sickness is a problem for you. Good luck and congrats.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:36 AM on Nov. 15, 2008