When is the best time to start having my 15month old into a toddler bed?

Me and my husband are gonna try for another child in a couple of months so by the time the new baby gets here my girl will be 27 months. So would now be a good time to get her adjusted to the toddler bed because we will need the crib for the new baby.

sweetness04

Asked by sweetness04 at 12:52 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would wait six months or so. It is too early. IMHO
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:55 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My son was 15 months when we changed him over....well we took the front bar off his crib and its a little day bed. He only fell out of bed once and is now 19 months. It took about a week for him to understand that it was still ok to sleep there even though it wasnt closed in. I wanted to change it over before he learned how to crawl over the top of it because once he knew how to do that then a baby gate would be pointless and I thought it raised the chance of him getting hurt crawling over things. I can even tell my son to go lay down in bed and that is what he will do....even make sure he has his pillow and blanket lol. But you can always try it and if it dosnt work out then wait a little longer. Good luck!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:04 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My DS was about 18 months when we put him in his toddler bed. He climbed out of his crib! Fortunately he wasn't hurt. We converted the crib the same day.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:37 AM on Jan. 31, 2011