If you take B12 shots, do you find them helpful?

Do you have more energy?
What changes do you experience?
Do you have them given at home or do you go into the Dr.s office?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 12:53 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Health

• Yes, you can feel the difference. I take the liquid vitamin B complex, which I think works better. Not sure about the shot but I know all other B vitamins are water soluble which means that your body does not store it. So it's one of those nutrients that everyone needs to take or get through food everyday. I think a lot of people are actually deficient in the B vitamins and probably other things. Like if you have a thyroid problem but it's not bad enough to get medication, taking kelp/iodine drops will give you energy, if you have problems with anemia sometimes but again it's not so bad to need medical intervention, taking iron and vitamin C will give you energy, or if you have an immune system problem but again without medical intervention, taking L-Lysine will give you energy. But if you're usually pretty healthy but you just feel like you need an energy boost then you probably just need some B vitamins.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I dont get them but a friend of mine has to take them due to a surgery she had. But she takes the shots at home....you can request to have them done at the doc's office if you cant give yourself a shot or dont have anyone who can do it for you. But you should also be able to take it in a pill form. I had it durring my pregnancy for nausia.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:59 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I haven't had the shot but I've known a couple people that have and yes it helps with energy. I take a vitamin B complex that has B12 in it and I know that gives you energy.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:02 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I had the shots and i miss them! I felt 1000 times better on them. I did it weekly and went to the doctors office for them
    zolanmel

Answer by zolanmel at 1:18 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• The shots work better than pills - last year I was getting one every month and I could feel the difference. With moving and general craziness these last few months I've just been taking my vitamins, I'll get back on the shots next month. I always go to the Dr. office, I'm going to see if I can just do it myself though.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:32 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Buttercup do you actually feel the difference?
    tootoobusy

Comment by tootoobusy (original poster) at 1:18 AM on Jan. 31, 2011