1 month old troubles with sleep

I am having problems with my baby trying to get his days and nights switched around, I know your not suppose to put him on a set sleeping schdule until he's Atleast 6 weeks , but he sleeps ALL day ( and it's impossible to wake him up he really wont) he then wakes up at around 12 am eats falls back asleep wakes up at two and then stays up until like 5 or 6 am and he doesn't just lay there he has to have his binkie in his mouth if he doesn't he will cry and it has to be in just right, it falls out all the time to. I get so frustrated and when i try and wake my husband up to help he just falls right back asleep ends up not really helping (ha) i know it's not my baby's fault but i really need some help and advice and maybe some good ways to put him asleep Thank you!

numbi

Asked by numbi at 3:48 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby did that too, and he finally grew out of it. I would play with him more during the day to help keep him up a little while longer. Like when you are feeding him, play with his bottle. Make him a little bit mad and he will stay up longer.
    mrstharris06

Answer by mrstharris06 at 3:54 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Isn't this expected with a newborn baby?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yes of course it is i asked for HELP
    numbi

Answer by numbi at 4:11 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• It is expected, but it is very overwhelming, especially if it is your first child. I was the same way. You don't need to attack the girl for asking a simple question. After all, we are here to help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I think you should not reply to people if all you are going to do is downgrade them and be rude. I am a young single mother that is not too sure if I will be asking anymore questions on here. I will try to HELP people instead of insulting them, and I think you need to do the same or just not even respond
    mrstharris06

Answer by mrstharris06 at 4:14 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I wasn't downgrading or insulting anyone. They were being rude by saying Isn't That what to expect of course it is but it's nice to have advice and help from other moms that are more experienced or that are just starting out like me.
    numbi

Answer by numbi at 4:23 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I was not talking about you honey. I was talking about the 'other' person that was being downgrading and rude. The only stupid question is the question unasked. Keep that in mind, you are just learning just like we all had to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Ha sorry that just kinda pissed me off it wasn't much help
    numbi

Answer by numbi at 4:30 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Sorry I can't be of more help, I had both of my kiddos on a schedule from day 1.
    myfroggyeclipse

Answer by myfroggyeclipse at 10:44 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• ok as far as the paci falling out, dont freak out on me, but this was how i fixed it:
    when i swaddled him at night, which i did until about 3 mos old, i would take one of the last wraps and put it across his mouth. NOT the nose, Not the face< jsut the mouth. then tuck in the paci. it would help keep it in, and keep the blanket off his nose/mouth. it does not last all night, but i will last a few hours, so you can sleep!!
    ok, now next: it will take a few days but: during the day keep the lights all on, the volume up on the tv, radio, phones, use your normal voice and everything. as the sun goes down, start to gradually decrease the lights, the volume, the noise, the activity. then when time for bed, put him in his bassinette or whatever he sleeps in, and leave a nightlight on. but that is all, other than some noise for him, like white noise or rainfall or something. try it!! hope it helps
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 1:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2008