How much is too much??

I just met this guy and we totally hit it off he is amazing. He is 36 ten years older than me. My mom told me its too big of a difference and that he is taking advantage of me. I have never dated anyone more than 2yrs older. I really like the guy but now im worried the age difference is too much. So how much is too much?

Pink_caffiene

Asked by Pink_caffiene at 1:24 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't see anything wrong with it. Sometimes it take that extra 10 years for a man to mature to the same level as a woman that is 26.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:40 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• From your question, I would say that this is too much of a difference.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:27 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You can hit it off with someone and not date or be romanticly involved. It is strange for a man 36 years older to be interested in a young woman. Old men like young women it makes them feel younger and like they are still virile.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:35 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Honestly, unless you are 16 and he is 26... as long as you are HAPPY, and you feel COMFORTABLE in the relationship, go for it! My bio dad is 10 years older than my mom, they married when she was 17 and were married for 15 years. who cares what anyone else thinks, even your mom. Sounds like you both found something in each other, and that is great! Good luck in your relationship!!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:17 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My Dad is 42 years old and he has never looked his age but younger women and girls have always liked him. Me and my sisters friends had a crush on him and younger women in their twenties still try to talk to him. So I say do you and don't let anyone tell you how to live your life. Age is just a number and sometime you are in a different place then mean your age and you need a older man. Good Luck!!!!!!
    LADYA1983

Answer by LADYA1983 at 2:32 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• why
    Pink_caffiene

Comment by Pink_caffiene (original poster) at 1:31 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• he is 36yrs old wich is ten yrs older than me.. not 36yrs older
    Pink_caffiene

Comment by Pink_caffiene (original poster) at 1:38 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I feel like we actually have meaningful conversations, and i am not worried that he is with other women. With guys my age its hard to talk about anything outside of sports and beer.
    Pink_caffiene

Comment by Pink_caffiene (original poster) at 1:42 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Is it too much? why dont u answer your one question? every one else dont know u as well as your self does? so what do u think?
    tearb

Answer by tearb at 3:57 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• ^^ I do not think it is too much. I always thought there was a problem with big age differences until I met him.
    Pink_caffiene

Comment by Pink_caffiene (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Jan. 31, 2011