How old was your son when he got his1st hair cut?

Anyone can answer but AA mom's answers preferred.

Our son's hair is still wavy and very similar to when he was first born. My DH still wants to wait since he has "good hair." But darn he's 3 now and IMO he needs a cut. I started noticing that it is thing in the front even though I don't pull it tight when I cornrow or braid it. It takes 30+minutes to so his hair. So If I know something is planned, I do it the night before when I can.

Any suggestions to encourage him to get it cut? We've been talking about it for over 6months and he's not budging.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• my son was13mths
    Pink_caffiene

Answer by Pink_caffiene at 1:36 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I first cut my son's hair when he was 20 months. We went to the hairdressers and he was so very scared. I didn't like that, so after that I started cutting it myself, and continue to do so.
    ItsJules

Answer by ItsJules at 1:42 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I cut mines at 1. I figured... Hey this is a boy. I shouldnt b combing hair everyday ( I didnt know how to braid). Jus make sure who ever does it uses sicssors for his 1st hair cut. (I was told if u use clippers it changes the texture)
    tiamesmer

Answer by tiamesmer at 1:50 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• LOL sounds like us. My husband is black, so our son is half but he has BEAUTIFUL soft, curly hair. He didn't really need a haircut until 2 years and now 6 months later he is definitely due for another one but my husband doesn't want to cut it. I bugged him so much that he finally did say if I REALLY want to cut it go ahead but he'd rather see it grow because it's so "good" lol. If only we had a girl!! But I don't like long hair on little boys so it's going to get cut soon, and Daddy will have to deal. I told him in the mean time if he wants to see it grow he can figure out a way to stlye or comb it down everyday because the poor kid has a bucket of fluffy curls on top of his head! But sorry, wish I had some advice on getting your husband to agree.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• 14 months old
    gdrager

Answer by gdrager at 2:22 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Both of my boys were one.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:54 AM on Jan. 31, 2011