If you've ever lost a child, when someone asks how many kids you have do you mention him/her? When posting b'day wishes for their siblings on socaial networks, do you also mention the child that you lost? Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• Depending on the situation, I use different answers. Socially comfortable I share. Business I just give a quick answer with no further information. I mention my children on the sites. I do not include them with wishing birthday wishes. I might mention them to a friend of theirs or a close friend of mine on their birthday.They are very much a part of my life. I do not want them to not be included. But I do not bring everyone into my life.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:52 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My inlaws lost their oldest son in 9/11. He was my husband;s brother. He was still their son. If you were asstranged from a family member you would still count them as part of your family.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:27 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• it really depends on the situation. mostly i wouldnt bring it up in a casual conversation. our family still recognizes the birth of my child and also the last day of his life... but i do not feel the need to post it anywhere.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2011