Why is my DD peeing her pants?

My DD will be 3 in May and has been potty trained for several months, we have had and occasional accident but nothing like it has been for the past week. We have been transitioning her to her own bed and bedroom and ever since we started she has been peeing her pants several times a day and the bed at night. She will even take her pants off and squat on the floor. What is going on with her?? Could she have a medical problem (UTI or bladder infection??) or could it be because we have moved her to her own bed? Has anyone had this problem, Should I discipline her for it? What can I do to get her to stop??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Its very typical for a child to do this when a change is happening. My advice would be to remind her to pee on the potty and just clean it up. the more you punish her the more attention she feels she is getting. Good luck! I know it can be very frustrating considering I just went through it.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 2:34 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It's just the change, take a breathe and reinforce love. Retrain her, and reinforce love and acceptance. Break out the diapers, take away the panties, and tell her when she is being big, she can have them back. But for now, you have to have her in diapers. It'll be ok, as soon as she realizes the only thing that changed is she's in her own bed, she'll be on the potty like it's nobody's business!
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 2:46 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• If it hurts when she pees then it is a uti or a bladder infection. A change in sleeping arrangements as well as bedroom could cause it too. Next time she uses the potty look at the urine,if it is cloudy or dark in color she needs to see the doctor for antibiotics. When she is using the potty ask her if it burns or hurts when she goes pee. Let me know what happens. o.k?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:06 AM on Jan. 31, 2011