So i bought a sweat suit have your tried this?

So I bought a suit that is designed to make you sweat more when you work out or do daily activitys so far so good it is hot as hell but i feel like i am sweating away these pounds have you ever used this?

ExtremlyUnique

Asked by ExtremlyUnique at 2:40 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I haven't, because really you are just losing some extra water when you workout - which isn't necessarily good for you. Make sure you are drinking LOTS of water while wearing it!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:17 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• no i don't think i could that would drive me crazy to be hot and keep working out
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 2:51 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• yeah i think that would make me quit sooner than I normally would...and during daily activities ? wouldn't that just cause dehydration? wow, i think it's just a gimmick....there's so much in the fitness and health industry that companies capitalize on because the trends are so concentrated on appearances and getting healthy...nothing wrong with where we're headed, but this stuff gives people false hopes....it's hard work and eating right that is going to help with weight loss.
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 3:31 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• WOW I might have to try it...
    Ash414

Answer by Ash414 at 6:00 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I would not like the feeling of being hot and sweaty all day long. Good luck to you though.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 7:10 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Extra sweating does not mean extra weight loss. You're just losing water weight, which you will need to drink more water to make up for. Trust me, it does not matter whether you're burning up or not during your workout--it's not going to actually burn off extra fat just because you're uncomfortable. As a matter of fact, I'd be hesitant to wear this kind of sweat suit because with the hot discomfort you must be in, you might be tempted to cut your workouts a little shorter and that will cost you calories.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:35 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Never tried one.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:50 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• No, that would drive me nuts.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:46 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I've never heard of it
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I'm glad you asked! I was wondering the same thing. Now that everybody's mentioned it, it does seem like all you'd be losing is water weight.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2011