Info on military wives- Benfits? BAH, DEERS, etc?

Just married an army man, and Im hearing about all these acrynoms: BAH, DEERS ? Are these things I 'have' to sign up for?? Or can I still go about my life as usual?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• Your hubby will get you set up with DEERS, it's for the medical stuff. Also with BAH, that's basic allowance for housing. You can probably google military acronyms. There are tons of them.
    When my hubby went through PLDC, the spouses went through a class where we learned the acronyms, and other stuff. But, it's not exactly PLDC anymore, not even called that anymore.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:08 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Okay, this is totally a cop out answer, because you posted your question anonymously, and a good army wife should always consider OPSEC. My advice to you is to contact your unit Family Readiness Group (FRG). They will have all the answers you want, and probably can direct you to some sort of army life 101 class.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 4:50 AM on Jan. 31, 2011