4 year old acting out??

okay..so just about everytime my boy stays the night at grandmas he comes back with a bad attitude and does not listen at all..what do you do??

socalikim

Asked by socalikim at 3:39 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Be patient.
    Ask Gma how he did.
    Does Gma know your daily routine (and follow it)?

My kids come back all skrewy & crazy from their dads house. Things are very different there...

Do what you can to suggest ways to make it similar there --and with patience he will come to feel more natural there, too.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:31 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I know exactly what you are going through...I went through this same thing with my parents. My parents let my daughters do what they wanted: drink soda, eat candy, abuse their curfew...I finally sat down with my parent and explained to them this behavior is not excepted and my daughters will continue to go to time out for this type of behavior. My children are the one effected and it has to stop. My parents agreed that my rules are to be follow in my precence and when I'm not there.
    Ash414

Answer by Ash414 at 5:22 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My in-laws went a step further ,telling mine that if you want something and don;t get it cry.Even told them how to cry by thinking of something sad,well it went for a while but it was stopped cold by their father(his parents) They thought it was fun to watch us squirm!!!But back fired on them in Branson,they had a full blown fit thrown on them!!It was funny.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2011