Have you make Homemade Baby Wipes?

Hi There,
I am interested in making homemade baby wipes. If you have made these. Please share how you did it, how much you saved, etc? thanks

ChildGoddess

Asked by ChildGoddess at 4:38 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Home & Garden

• plane white papertowels and water and baby soap
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 5:18 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I very rarely used them... it was always a soft wash cloth and mild soap and water
    I reserved a set of soft wash clothes when my 2 dd's were growing up and with my
    grandson when he was younger and used them... even in travel...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:00 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I used Bounty papertowels cut in half, folded and placed in a container, then added baby oil. My youngest was allergic to the commercial wipes; the doctor recommended using baby oil. I found the "recipe" in "Make Your Own Groceries". This cleans, keeps the skin moist and doesn't require rinsing.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I did, and LOVED them. I got the "starter kit" from a friend for a baby gift and kept making them the same way she did. I used a Rubbermaid container, a round one, and Viva paper towels. I used a big bread knife to saw the roll in half. Put about 1 cup of warm water in the container, about 1 Tablespoon of baby oil, and 2-3 Tablespoons of baby bath wash. Swirl the water, and pop in one of the half-rolls of paper towels. Put the lid on, turn upside down, and let sit for a half hour or so. Take the lid off, pull the cardoboard tube out (if it doesn't pull right out easily, add just a little more water and give it more time to soak in) and use the wipes from the inside. I would fold them in half and put a few in a ziploc bag for the diaper bag. Viva is softer & stronger than any other brand, for baby wipes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I am really interested in this kind of stuff! I give you a bump for asking!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 3:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2011