i just have to ask

what does everyone think of this dress for a wedding gown  my friend is getting married and she might be  buying this  if i like it  its a beautiful dress dont get me wrong but i don't know about the color  

mommyfitzgerald

Asked by mommyfitzgerald at 7:42 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• It is a beautiful dress but not for a bridal gown unless it is not her first time getting married. Usually you only choose a dress that isn;t white if it not your first marriage
    melnik09

Answer by melnik09 at 7:44 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• it is her very first marriage

mommyfitzgerald

Comment by mommyfitzgerald (original poster) at 7:46 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It is a very beautiful gown, and the color is beautiful; however, for a wedding it's not my cup of tea. She doesn't have to do the traditional white if she doesn't want to though. I think if I was her friend I'd try to show her something white with a bright ribbon or something, because she might regret going with that bold color years from now.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:58 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think it's beautiful. In many cultures, white is actually a color of mourning, and red is the color for happiness/love/prosperity. I almost bought a red dress for my second marriage, but I found a white one I absolutely loved. It's her day - she should be able to wear whatever dress she'd like!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It's pretty but not in red for a wedding. Call me old fashioned.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:15 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think its beautiful. I agree with Scuba, she should be able to wear what she wants without feeling that she must be in white. I work as a caterer, and have catered many wedding receptions. The unusual is not all that unusual. We once had a bride in blue because it was her favorite color. Its her day! Just be supportive.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 8:23 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Its pretty, but red wouldnt be what I would pick.

Answer by gemgem at 8:33 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i think she chose red because shes getting married on valentines day next year
    mommyfitzgerald

Comment by mommyfitzgerald (original poster) at 8:40 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i love it! i have been married for 11 years, never had a wedding, but my dream dress will start out that color on the bottom, and fade to white at the top! to each their own! it's her day, and she loves, everybody in the wedding party should love it! :)
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 8:43 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i like it dont get me wrong its everyone else im worried about
    mommyfitzgerald

Comment by mommyfitzgerald (original poster) at 8:47 AM on Jan. 31, 2011