what to do about my childs horrible cough!?

JMDmommy

Asked by JMDmommy at 7:45 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Health

• Make sure to give them some mucinex, or other med with guefinesin (sp?), increased fluids- to help break up congestion, humidifier at night, saline nasal spray can help thin and clear that thick mucus in their nose and backs of the throat. vicks vaporub on the chest, and maybe feet too (some people swear by it, I've tried it on myself and it didn't help at all-I'm old school I think putting it on the chest works and I like that it keeps their chests warm). Lots of OJ and water- no milk (increases mucus production), maybe a vapors plug in. Good luck, hope your child gets well soon.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:08 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Run a humidifier at night, prop the head of the bed up a little, lots of oj, and extra vitimans. Good luck
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 8:00 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Put Vicks vapor rub on his feet and put socks over it....at night time....

I thought it was a silly idea at first....sounded like an old wives tale....but it really works!

Also if its a wet cough....mucinex is great for breaking it up/. Depending on the childs age.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:58 AM on Jan. 31, 2011