How do you think spirits do it to stay on earth and wonder around without being taken by force by demons or angels?

I think it would be nice to stay on earth and be around your family without having to leave to hell.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• We most certainly DO live on after we "die". We just simply change form. Energy does not deminish and we are all energy.
    There different types of "spirits". We are all spirit. Our spirit resides within our physical form in life. Sometimes we are visited by our passed loved ones. They are definitely happy in Heaven but sometimes they come around to show us that they still love and care about us. Then there are those that we usually refer to as "ghosts". Why do they linger? There are many theories. One is usually because their death was tramatic and they don't really know that they are dead. Or maybe because they are just confused. Eventually those ghosts will be "found" (by God's Angels and by those that call themselves "ghost hunters") and talked over to The Other Side to be with God, just like the rest of us.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:42 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• or to heaven
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I've always personally believed that those known as 'spirits' don't really know they're dead. Perhaps they died suddenly or tragically and they didn't have time to send their souls into one world or the other.

I dunno...it's a thought =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:05 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• The dead are not wandering the earth. (Ecclesiastes 9:5-6, 10,Ezekiel 18:20, Psalm 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; John 5:28, 29; 6:39, 40, 44, 54: 11:11-14; 1 Corinthians 15:51-54; 1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17 )
    If we lived on after we died, God would be a liar.( Genesis 3:3,Genesis 3:22 -24; Romans 6:23) The "spirits" mediums contact are actually devils impersonating our loved ones. This is why God forbids attempts in contacting dead persons. (Deuteronomy 18:10-12; 2 Kings 21:6; Micah 5:12; Isaiah 47:12; Ezekiel 13:18, 20; Acts 8:11-24; Leviticus 20:27; Exodus 7:11; Revelation 9:21; 22:15 )
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:25 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Spirits to me (JMO) are those who are meant to be around, to watch over or to wonder... I believe in reincarnation and that when you die you go to the summerlands to wait to be reborn to finish the lessons you must learn... I do not believe in heaven or hell or demons (we all have those within ourselves and have to learn to deal with them in our own way) I believe in Angels, but not those kinds of the Christian God, these are more of those with Good souls who are choosen by the Gods to remain and be guides ....
    My grandmothers essense lives within the her furnture that I have inherited and she lets us know that she is still around with the creeks and cracks we hear from the pieces, when those stop, I will know that she has been reincarnated to conitue her journey on Mother Earth...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2008