2 1/2 year old daughter waking up

I everyone my dd is 2 1/2 and for the past 2 months after sleeping till 7am she has been waking up at 4:30 or 5:30am ready for the day to start, so I can get some extra sleep I let her come lay in our bed and she gos back to sleep. I think she is rolling around in her toddler bed and I can here her hit the wooden sides at night. do you think she's to big for it? She's pretty short just a wild sleeper. Also she has now been waking up around 3 because she lost her covers and then only wants me or hungry saying her tummy hurts. I'm just frustrated because I don't know what to do! Sorry I'm rambling on but I hope the more info I give maybe someone can give better advice. Thanks

s_toman7

Asked by s_toman7 at 8:50 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What time does she go to sleep. Can you push the time she goes to sleep out by 1 hour? My DD2 goes to bed at 8, she sleeps until 7:30 usually in the w/es.

Another thing, which is what my brother has done, is to teach her that if she wakes up and the sun is not up, she needs to stay in her bed, or at least in her room. let her play with her toys and books in her room until you want to get up. Chances are if she gets up so early, she'll be sleepy earlier too, and if you can manage to keep her up til bedtime, she might go back to her regular routine of sleeping later, since she will be tired.

Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 8:54 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• We changed her nap to later because she wasn't taking a nap at her normal nap time at 11 so now it's 12:30 or 1 she sleeps for about an hour but the thing is if she doesn't have a nap she has night terrors. we pushed bed time to 8 or 8:30 I have always told her we don't get up until the sun wakes up but maybe I'll try the room thing and stop taking her out of her room. It's so hard because she knows what gets me she cries mama I'm so so cold from her room or I'm so hungry my tummy hurts and I don't want to ignor it. Lol the joys of parenting :) thanks for the help!
    s_toman7

Comment by s_toman7 (original poster) at 9:25 AM on Jan. 31, 2011