CPS SCARE *LONG*

Okay, well this is a pretty long story but I will try to keep it as simple as possible lol. My husband and i have been together for almost 6 years. We have 4 children, my daugher from my previous relationship (7years ago), then we have my husbands son from his previous relationship(5years ago), then we had our two other boys together. When i met my husband his son was only 3 months old...his real "mom" was in his life for a while then but on and off thru out his first year of life. When he turned 2, she just dropped off the face of the earth and wanted nothing to do with him. So I am the only mother he has ever really known, since the last time he saw her he was 2. When he started saying mom, I was mom and he called her mom...and then her first name. ( dont wanna mention any names ) He is now 5, and doesn't even know of her. I am his mom, and i definatly dont even consider him my step son. Anyways, my husband has a sister and for the past 5 years, i have dealt with soooo much drama and bs from her, and i always put up with it bc she was family and i wanted to make it work. she was a big drunk, and at this time she was from the ages of like 15-20. When i first met her she was 15 and thru the years she was a big drinker, and a mean drinker at that. she even tried to fight me pregnant once. She has always favored my husbands son, and it really really shows, it was worse up until about 2 years ago. She has always argued with me and started fights with me over my husband son, trying to tell me what im doing wrong with him, calling me up in the middle of the night telling me to put him on a plane and fly him down to her dads bc my husband and i weren't raising right and we were miss treating him. which we clearly weren't, but my son is a little terd, he is trouble maker just like his daddy, lol...so he does get into trouble a bit more than the others, not bc of being mis treated but bc of his own actions. We do not beat our children, we dont even spank. We use time outs, or take things away. So she would always get mad when she we disaplined him. So recently she started another argument with me and just was totally out of line..so finally i decided to say screw you, im not dealing with your bs anymore and went off on her. I have put with with her crap for 5 years and enough was enough. This also happened a week before xmas. And the plan before was to have her watch the kids on xmas morning on the web cam...but since we had gotten into that argument I told her to forget it. Now, this wasn't no ordinary argument, she even went so far to call me a Cun*. Unreal right? How mature. She isn't going to call me that and expect a week later to watch MY kids on xmas. Yeah right. So ever since then she has wrote an email to my husband and i stating that she wants nothing to do with us or my kids ever again. she said as far as she is concerned she has no brother or nieces or nephews...and going off about how we miss treat out son. So a few weeks later we get a visit from cps. Asking questions about just one of my sons, telling me they have gotten a report stating that he gets beat, doesn't eat dinner with the family, pees in his pants and get his butt whooped for it, which he is 5, he hasn't peed in his pants since he was like 2, lol..so this girl is just making things up as she goes to try and make us look bad. The person from cps didn't tell me exactly who it was that reported it, but everything he asked me about was all the things my husbands sister has said over the years. AND she is the only person that has ever said things like this. So this girl went so far to call cps on us because she was mad that i wouldn't let her see the kids on xmas morning. I honestly have never been so dumbfounded in my entire life. I dont know if shes retarded and doesn't understand what cps is, cps is no joke at all...this is my kids lives she is threatning to destroy. All over an argument...and I am the average mom...when someone messes with my kids, Super bitch mode kicks in lol...you just dont mess with someone's kids.. there are so many kids out there that are actaully getting abused and ppl like my husbands sister are making cps waste their time on a case based upon lies. Luckily he did say that he just needed to talk to the parents and come visit the home...but he said the case will be closed...luckily!!!!!!! But my question is..... is that really it ??? They just ask the parent and never come back ?? Just doesn't seem like something cps would do, I mean why would they just take someone's word about it? I am just worried they will come back, not bc we have anything to hid, just because its cps...and thats some real scary stuff. I hope this was clear enough, lol...and any help would be appreciated thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• Does your son go to school? If he does odds are they went to the school and asked questions and questioned your son without you there. That is usually how cps works, then they contact you and come and do a home visit. What you could or should have done and I hope you did do was tell them you knew who the reporter was, and why she reported it. It could have been backed up with emails and what not showing this is an ongoing issue.
    From now on make sure you document everything. Get friends to write out statements about your parenting style. Cut off 110% contact with her and do not speak to her unless it is in writing so you can print it off. They likely did close the case but if she didnt get what she WANTED she can always call again.

Answer by gemgem at 9:16 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Wow, I'm really not trying to be rude. I'm not usually, so please don't take offense. Can you please edit this. Make paragraphs. It really hurts the eyes.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:17 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Chances are, they'll close the file until someone reports it again. If she keeps trying to report you and there is no evidence of abuse, they will stop bothering you. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:18 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• CPS will only return if she continues to call. BUT here is what I would do. Let her know if she keeps it up that you will take her to court. You can actually sue her for falsifying information and for slander. I WOULD NOT put up with that. The last thing you need is CPS visiting your kids at school because of her.
    sweetiepie8540

Answer by sweetiepie8540 at 9:18 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My sister called cps on me over 4 yrs ago with a bunch of lies she had made up. They came to my house saw my daughter was not starved, not beaten, clean, and I was obviously was not doing dealing or making drugs. They never came back.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:19 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My stepson lives with us after he was taken from his mother necause of abuse and neglect. He is mentally challenged because of the abuse. He does not live in reality. When he was in public school, he told enough people enough bullshit to have CPS come to our house 4 times! Each time they talked to us and him and closed the case. The last time they didnt even come out,they just called. Dont worry. If they have no reason to be concerned, they will go away. Your SIL needs to be kept away from your family at all costs and maybe have CPS CALLED ON HER IF SHE IS/WAS drinking pregnant of while taking care of her child
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 9:21 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You should be receiving a letter in the mail stating that your case was closed. In Ohio if someone reports on you three separate occasions and each case there is nothing found, you can sue them for a whole bunch of things, and press charges for harassment. (And yes CPS is then allowed to tell you who reported as long as it was the same person, you of course have to have an attorney) CPS workers are usually pretty smart, and they can tell by visiting a home whether or not to keep the case open. I hope for your children's sake, that you cut your SIL out of your life permanently, this is not a joking matter. Change your email address or block her, and get your phone number changed or her's blocked. This step should be the one that breaks the back of that proverbial camel. Good Luck to you and Brightest Blessings.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 9:28 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Lol. I'm the rude one, right.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:39 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• First off Christine, if your not going to give helpful information i would appreciate it if you would stop commenting. Sorry you can't read it, but im not editing it.

thank you to those who have given helpful information, this is a real serious subject, and is certainly not funny or a joke. Yes he does go to school.....will the school ever tell me if they visit him at school?? I would really hope they didn't, just for the sake of rumors getting spread. But at least if they did, they would know by talking to him that nothing that she says is true. I have definatly cut off all contact with her, and i never will have anything to do with her again. She seems to think that if hes taken away he will be given to her, yeah right, first off shes 21 and can barley take care of her self and on top of that her and her boyfriend are selling spices online and what not...its bascially like fake marijuana.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• and im far from a nark, i wouldn't even nark out my worst enemy. but if she continues this... i will. You dont try to get kids taken away from good parents.
    Anonymous