Has anyone ever known anyone who has had a tapeworm?

My husband passed a tapeworm tonight that was over a foot long. He is now being treated and I am as well, as a precaution since we eat together on a daily basis. He is very upset and embarrassed about this, as he feels dirty. I believe the cause is sushi, but am not sure. I have been googling and researching in attempt to show him that he is not dirty and that this can happen to anyone, even the cleanest of people. I am just curious if anyone has known someone to have had a tapeworm? It seems to be back on the rise, as per my research.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Health

• ew. My cat had one. lol I know that dosen't help you. It can be transmitted from undercooked fish or pork I believe. My cats kept getting it because of flea ingestion. Something about the fleas carry the tapework larve or somthing. I forget now. Do you have pets? It dosen't mean he is dirty!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• No, but you can get them anywhere... Fruits, veggies, meats... Whatever.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:58 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• tape worms are no big deal if i'm not mistakin every body has a tapeworm most people pass them when they die or when they get to big my step sis had one when she was little and her aunt treated it with dog wormer i know thats messed up and no i'm not sayin to do that she just was being a smart ass about it because she don't get along with her dad i don't know what kind of food cause them but its good that yall are treating them if you have kids at home with you you should also take them to the dr.
    crystal292

Answer by crystal292 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2008