Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to get a new teacher for my child


Asked by mommyamanda1410 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

Level 3 (26 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • Talk to the school and request a transfer. If the principal is not willing to work with you, visit the superintendent.


    Answer by scout_mom at 9:49 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

  • Middle of the school year, going to be hard to do.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:48 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

  • Talk to the principle and the school counselor in a meeting and see what can be done.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:53 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

  • thank you all for your answers, i met with the teacher and guidance counsler today which got me nowhere, Wednesday I have an appt with the principle-please keep your fingers crossed for me! (when i met w/the teacher today she didnt even know my daughters last name half way through the school year!) thanks again!

    Comment by mommyamanda1410 (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

  • Good luck with this. It depends on the principal. Some are happy to do it and others will fight it tooth and nail. I remember when my son was in 4th grade a girl was moved from his class after her parents made a big commotion. It would also depend on the reason you want your child moved. I think most principals are reluctant to do that because it sets a precedent. Suppose they move your child and next week several other kids are requesting the same thing. It would also depend on if you have tried to talk to the teacher about your child's problems or not. Teachers are very protected by the unions and in fact when they moved that girl in 4th grade the teacher showed up at the meeting with a union representative. It is seen as an insult to the teacher to move a student.

    Answer by jcm62497 at 6:24 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • Talk to the teacher to see if the problem can be resolved. If not take it to the principal or guidance councelor. If that doesn't get you results, go to the schol board and request a hearing.

    Answer by summerbear at 11:45 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • bump

    Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:35 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

  • Thanks everyone-I met with the principal this morning and I got my change!!

    Comment by mommyamanda1410 (original poster) at 9:43 AM on Feb. 2, 2011