how to get a new teacher for my child

mommyamanda1410

Asked by mommyamanda1410 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Talk to the school and request a transfer. If the principal is not willing to work with you, visit the superintendent.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:49 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Middle of the school year, going to be hard to do.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:48 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Talk to the principle and the school counselor in a meeting and see what can be done.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:53 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• thank you all for your answers, i met with the teacher and guidance counsler today which got me nowhere, Wednesday I have an appt with the principle-please keep your fingers crossed for me! (when i met w/the teacher today she didnt even know my daughters last name half way through the school year!) thanks again!
    mommyamanda1410

Comment by mommyamanda1410 (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Good luck with this. It depends on the principal. Some are happy to do it and others will fight it tooth and nail. I remember when my son was in 4th grade a girl was moved from his class after her parents made a big commotion. It would also depend on the reason you want your child moved. I think most principals are reluctant to do that because it sets a precedent. Suppose they move your child and next week several other kids are requesting the same thing. It would also depend on if you have tried to talk to the teacher about your child's problems or not. Teachers are very protected by the unions and in fact when they moved that girl in 4th grade the teacher showed up at the meeting with a union representative. It is seen as an insult to the teacher to move a student.
    jcm62497

Answer by jcm62497 at 6:24 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Talk to the teacher to see if the problem can be resolved. If not take it to the principal or guidance councelor. If that doesn't get you results, go to the schol board and request a hearing.
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 11:45 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• bump
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:35 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• Thanks everyone-I met with the principal this morning and I got my change!!
    mommyamanda1410

Comment by mommyamanda1410 (original poster) at 9:43 AM on Feb. 2, 2011