i'm going crazy!!!!

My 20 month old won't sleep in his own bed or through the night any more. I was up every 15 minutes last night and the night before and I'm exhausted! He is getting over being sick so I'm hoping that is why is is being this whimny lil booger. Any advice? I'm tired and cranky and so is he!

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• aww will he not stay in there and finally fall asleep? poor you i know its hard!
    DarlingDivaTutu

Answer by DarlingDivaTutu at 9:55 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• give him some toys for his bed? Did you take him to the Dr. when he was sick ? Could he have an ear infection or sinus infection..something that is bothering him? Try elevating his head in his crib by putting towels or something under his mattress. I am a wimp and I just brought mine to bed with me because I have to sleep or I get super grumpy too.. But then you have that problem of getting them back to their own bed. Give him lots of water and clear fluids during the day and healthy foods, keep his sinuses clean with the nose sucker thing if he is not blowing his nose on his own, lots of playing during the day, a warm bath before bed. His bug just may not be over yet...it wont last forever..sleep when he sleeps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• my daughter does this and she's almost 2 1/2...however, she's not sick and doesn't do it often...the being awake every 15 minutes definitely sounds like it's b/c he's not feeling well...when my daughter is sick, as soon as she falls asleep and relaxes, she's up crying b/c she's uncomfortable. give him some Motrin in case he's having discomfort and it will help him sleep.

Don't bash me for saying that!!! If it works, then it's worth it to have your sleep and him too :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:22 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Me too! Ugh my daughter gets up at 3 and says she's scared of the chicken! Lol
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2011