Your Husband Cheated on You and You Stayed With Him...WHY? adult content

sweetiepie8540

Asked by sweetiepie8540 at 9:57 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• By the tone of the question, you come off judgemental. But I do hope I'm wrong. Have you ever been cheated on? It's easy to think things are crazy when you've never been there. Maybe it's not that simple to just end 7 years of marriage, a home, a bunch of kids, financial stability, etc. It's that simple to just walk away.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Sometimes the affair is just the symptom, not the actual problem. A lot of times there are numerous problems in the marriage before one of them strays. Yes, once that happens trust is broken and needs to be built up. But it takes 2 people to make and break a marriage. It's not as simple as "cheating". But on the other side of the coin, there are people out there who just don't have it in them to be married, and in those instances, yes it' best to leave. My husband has never cheated on me, so I dont' honestly know how I would react. I'd like to think that we would work through it, at the very least to understand what went wrong before the affair. Best case senario, we work through it, otherwise I would hope that we would take that knowledge with us into the next relationship and learn and make sure things were better second time around
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:03 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I stayed because I thought we could work thru it. Unfortunately, he never seemed sorry and always tried to tell me that I should let it go. I never felt my feelings were validated.

If he would have admitted he was sorry instead of only being sorry for getting caught, and he would have tried to empathize, we would still be together.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Do I sound judgemental? The point of the question was to answer it. I don't plan to be judgemental. To each their own.
    sweetiepie8540

Comment by sweetiepie8540 (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• And I did. But WHY ask? Is it happening to you?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You will never know unless you've been there.It depends on the person and the situation. There is something called forgiveness!If you can forgive and feel like this will never happen again maybe you could give it a try. Meanwhile start getting things into place just in case.
    hollinshead

Answer by hollinshead at 10:07 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Ive never been cheated on, so I dont know. I think there is a world of hurt that follows when the spouce finds out. I think it is a process sometimes. To weigh the options, the financial situation, the children. I think it is easy to make that call, as an outsider, to leave the relationship. But sometimes I dont think its that easy.

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:09 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Because I kept telling my self that he loved me. in all reality he loved his self and his girls more. so I let him go goin on Three yrs now.
    LOVLYLOVEKGS

Answer by LOVLYLOVEKGS at 10:09 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Nope, it's not happening to me....and I asked because I see so many women letting men run all over them and I wonder why they let it happen.
    sweetiepie8540

Comment by sweetiepie8540 (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• oops I meant spouse,,lol

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:10 AM on Jan. 31, 2011