I'm worried about telling him

I believe that I am pregnant. But I won't know until later. After my appointment. I am really worried about my SO reaction. We have been fighting and we just recently just started texting each other again, you know small steps.

But I don't know how he will take the news. Will he be angry, or will he yell? I am really worried about that.

And I am not in an abusive relationship. He has never hit me, or even raised to his voice to me. But because of the fighting I am scared that this news will tip him over the edge. and he will not want to speak to me again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• Don't people in relationships fight and make up (you know, make up sex happens!)? OP, I think it's best for you to wait to know for sure and if you are, tell in person. Best wishes.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think you shouldnt say anything until you know for sure. And then sit down and tell him in person.
    Pink_caffiene

Answer by Pink_caffiene at 10:27 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• He might get mad and not want to talk to you again. But that's his loss if that's how he reacts.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:23 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• over the phone is not good because pretty impersonal and you will not be able to see his face
    sometimes body language speaks louder than words
    IF you are NOT pregnant, i would say you should not be having sex with him, if things are this bad
    so sorry to hear your story, telling your partner you are expecting should be the best news not the worst
    hugs to you
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:41 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I would find out if you are pregnant because if your not and you tell him "you might be" then what is the point of arguing over it if your not pregnant? If you are then you tell him in person. It is what it is. My husband was mad when he found out we were pregnant for the first time but his anger was because he was scared. He is a fantastic dad now and we have 2 kids :)
    sweetiepie8540

Answer by sweetiepie8540 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I would find out for sure before saying anything (if you are).
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:28 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Well, if you are then you eventually have to tell him. You can't control his reaction, his feelings, or his thoughts. When you find out for sure and decide to tell him, make sure you are sensetive. Offer him some space, and give him some time to process things. Don't jump all over him if he isn't happy. Give him some time. Time will give you your answer. I know we all want it all now, and waiting sucks, so hang in there in the meantime!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:28 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• See i just don't wanna deal with the anger. I hope he doesn't get mad. But i am pretty sure he will. If i am you think telling him over the phone is a bad move?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:29 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Well, I guess you should have thought about this before you had sex with him if your relationship is on the rocks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Actually anon, we have been together for almost two years, and we had a FIGHT!!! 3 days ago!!! You are supposed to give positive advise, not be bitchy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Jan. 31, 2011