• In the Spotlight:

What is the Difference in this statement ?

Ok I was just trying to get a undestand of the bible on Gay issues. I looked up re born gay and found a site that had a breakdown of some verses of what is in the bible.
Leviticus 20:13

V13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

ok so God is saying that that the 2 men will be Murdered but in the 10 commandments You Shall Not Murder.

I dont get it If it was such a big deal why was it not included in the 10 commandments?

I am just trying to get the understanding on this.

myzero

Asked by myzero at 6:07 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• That is a totally good question. I unfortunately do not have a good answer for you. I support gay marriage and believe more in the 10 commandments then what is written in the bible. I do believe that it all comes down to interpretation. People who are against gay marriage are reading it differently then I am.

I do not support murder in any sense and I feel that there is so much death and pain in this world right now that if you find a way to be happy then you should be happy.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:36 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• sin = death no matter what it is meaning our bodies will die at some point. im not sure if this is a stament saying that or if they really get put to death.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• God allows death He allows david to go into war to kill men. I would say there are boundaries in which someone should be killed. Not out of planning and obsessing. They had laws and had to obey them. Like we have the death penalty that can only be used for serious crimes. They had there laws back then. I mean if anyone has a better answer i would love to hear im just guessing...

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 7:06 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• The Isrealites had a greater responsibility back then because they had visual evidence the LORD dwelling among them day and night.(Exodus 13:18-22 ) How many of us would sin so willingly if we had proof that God was in the house? If they could commit open sin against Him with Him in their very presence, they just didn't care. Imagine how great the church would be if we all acted as though we knew He was there!
    Blood is required for each and every sin--be it ours or Jesus'. ( Hebrews 9:22; Matthew 26:28)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:55 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• The the 10 commandments covers all sin. Adultery (fornication,lasciviousness, lewdness) is covered by the seventh commandment.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:02 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• THANKS LEX I LEARNED SOMETHING NEW!
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 8:13 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• The bible is full of contradictions. Heck, there are several versions of it and they are all different! It's a book, written by men, so of course it will be full of contradictions.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 8:27 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Read it with a Bible dictionary, you'll see it doesn't contradict itself at all.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:33 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• We see only the modern bible. I have read that if you read the hebrew translation then it is totally different.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 8:38 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Technically, as Lexy pointed out, it WAS included. Also, the commandment in Leviticus didn't mean that you as a person should go kill your gay neighbor. At that time there were judges of the people, priests, etc, who handled such things. In one Bible account, God sent an army to punish the Israelites who were having sexual relations with outside nations and actually pierced them through their genitals. Good read.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Nov. 15, 2008