Got a W-2 from a job I didn't work at last year...

I got a W2 from the local school system and I haven't worked for them since November of 2009. It was only for $200, but according to the W2 they didn't even hold out taxes (nor did they really pay me the $200). Do I need to worry about it? We've already filed our taxes.

Asked by scout_mom at 10:26 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would try to clear that up. Call the place that you used to work at and talk to them about it. If they say that is not a mistake then you should call the IRS and let them know that you recently got another W2 that you didnt know you were going to get and how you can handle everything and see if you can refile. Good luck =)

Answer by Shelii at 10:31 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You may have to Amend the return. Call and find out what it is.

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I would definitely call them and clear that up! It may be just a mistake and easily fixable :o)

Good Luck! :o)

Answer by alyssamal at 10:48 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• They may have found a benefit balance they owed you possible vacation time? Such a small amount wont put you into another tax bracket. Call any ways

Answer by CECE09 at 10:51 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You might want to call them. Maybe you accidently got a W-2 that should have been issued to someone else.

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• If you earned less than $600 from a single source, you are not required to report it

Answer by rkoloms at 5:21 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Wow that's crazy! Is it possible that you didn't get your last pay check until January of 2011? That might be the case here.

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 10:56 PM on Jan. 31, 2011