Can you believe this?

Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.) said racism is to blame for Democrats' losses this past election cycle in an interview with an Arab TV network after President Obama's State of the Union address.
The Virginia Democrat told Alhurra that Republicans gained 63 seats in the House "for the same reason the Civil War happened in the United States."
"The Civil War happened because the Southern states, particularly the slaveholding states, didn't want to see a president who was opposed to slavery," Moran said. "In this case a lot of people in this country, I believe, don't want to be governed by an African American, particularly one who is inclusive, who is liberal, who wants to spend money on everyone and who wants to reach out to include everyone in our society."

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Ugh, more racism accusations, how boring. I don't see the difference between now and when Clinton was in office, Reps went batshit when they were out of power just like Dems did when Dubya was in office. Nothing to do with color just the letter next to the name.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 4:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Ahhh, I thought we put that to bed already. He is an idiot and It's ridiculous.. Of course I do believe it because I always said the racism card would be played more often because we had a black President not less.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:13 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Oh good grief. That card has LONG been overplayed to the point that it's silly.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:58 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Doesn't know his history. Lincoln was ONE reason for the Civil War but not the biggest reason.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:46 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Just goes to show how lacking in character he is.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:06 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• my heck this card is getting over played give me a damn break.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:19 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Moran= Moron?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Can someone please ask him how I can get some free stuff.

I make too much money, but I am brown and that should be enough.

Otherwise, he is a racist.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:50 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I wonder what excuse they would've used if Hillary had won the primaries instead of BO?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2011