Does Anyone Have Mirena?

I'm only 18, and I have a four month old. I dont want to have another child until and around the sge of 25.
I was wondering if anyone has the mirena IUD birth control? I saw a comercial and it looked like a good way to go. I just want to hear from real women who have it instead of just trusting a comercial. lol
Does it hurt?
How much does it cost?
How long does it take to insert it?
Do you need a doctor?
What are, if any, side effects you had with it?
I'd really love to know if this is for me. Thank you everyone who replys. :)

Glouii

Asked by Glouii at 10:50 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Health

• You mean Mirena?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yeah mabye thats it.
    Glouii

Comment by Glouii (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You should look into Paragard instead. IUD that lasts 10 years and has no hormones - which means little to no side effects. Mirena is evil, and I'm not just speaking for myself. People who don’t have problems with it are LUCKY, as it's not common to have a good experience with it. And that's based off just what I have seen on this site! I had it for 3 awful years and switched to Paragard. Now I am ME again, and finally able to lose weight again..the weight Mirena caused me to gain.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:49 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I'll PM you my story, by the way..word limit sucks on here and it's harder to do it since I'm on my cell.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:50 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I have never had it but I have a friend you had it and it turned sideways while inside her and caused her a lot of pain. I would definitley talk to you doctor and see if there is anything similar to it, but I would avoid using it...
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 2:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I really like it, I still have a period, although it's lighter and only about 3-4days vs before when it was 5-7days and heavy. I did spot for the 1st 6 months which can be common, then my cycles resumed normally. I didn't even feel the doctor insert it. I got it put in when my son was probably about 2 months old. No side effects for me, I had hormonal issues from the pill, like mood swings, and no sex drive, weight gain, things like that, but nothing from mirena, I feel very normal and I've not had any complaints. I think it would be great for a young mom who doesn't want more kids for a while. You can always get it taken out too if you find yourself married and wanting a baby before that time or whatever. It's really nice not to have to worry about taking a pill or anything. I'm fertile mertle so I needed something extra and i'm in school so it's been helpful not having one more thing to worry about. My insurance covered it.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• also the little bit of hormone that it releases is centralized to the womb, so it's not supposed to go throughout your entire body like a pill does which equals less side effects than other birth controls. Everyone I know that has had it liked it and it's worked well for them. (that's about 4 people)
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2011