Did she deserve it?

Me and a good friend was reminiscing the other day about our college days. We got on the subject of another friend of ours, who I will call Lisa, that always caused trouble with her boyfriends. This girl was psycho. She was fun to hang around but when it came to guys she just went nuts. I mean from poking holes into condoms to putting dead snakes in ex- boyfriend car. There was one incident that made me question actions in the situation, I kind of feel bad about not helping her out. One night a bunch of us were playing cards(this was like ten years ago) drinking having a good time. There were guys and girls there. Well Lisa didn't like the fact that her bf were playing cards with another girl, so she took his car keys and made donuts in his mom front yard. The bf was upset but he didn't let it show(because he go through this just about everyday with her). I tried to calm Lisa down but there is no sense in talking to her in that state of mind. Anyways after trying to get a reaction out of him with no success she goes and get a light bulb and a baseball bat. She threw the light bulb in the air and hit it with the bat. The light bulb shattered in his face. Everyone just stop what they were doing and took a few steps back, we knew she took it to far then. I will put it this way she got her ass tore out the frame. I was going to go anon with this one because I know that some of you ladies will probally bash me for not stepping in and helping. But I might as well show my face. Remember this I was young and in college and didn't know any better. What would you have done? Now ten years later she is still up to her same old tricks and every guy she has been with had reach their breaking point with her. A few months ago she did the same thing (light bulb) with her fiance and he beat her ass. Do you think that some people deserve what they get?

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 10:58 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• Nobody deserves to get abused.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:59 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Tough question! She is the abuser and pushes and pushes and pushes! She needs help from a professional. As far as the guys who had lightbulbs shattered in their faces...what would you do? I would react and probably not in a nice way!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 11:06 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• That is why no one stepped in Noosa.
    nicjon

Comment by nicjon (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I don't feel like she was being "abused".  In fact I think SHE is the abuser.  She should get some help.  No, I wouldn't LET my gf get her ass beat up if I could stop it because obviously there is something mental going on with her but come on, she pulled the same thing years later.  My sister is this Lisa you speak of, lol.  I stopped getting into her drama and her bs long ago.  No, I wouldn't break up a fight or get into the middle of ANYTHING because I already know that she's caused it and I'm staying away from that mess.  If someone was getting beat up right in front of me, yes I would try to stop it.  If I can avoid being around situations like that, that's what I do.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• She sounds like a psycho, but nobody deserves to get beaten. I think she needs to see a counselor. If you're still in contact with her, then maybe you should try and get her to see one. She clearly doesn't have any bounderies in her mind and tends to overreact to things. Extremely. It's not your fault that she was like that or that she didn't change. I believe that if you would've stepped in she might have done something horrible to you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:12 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I'd try to calm the guy down, but I would call the cops on HER! she's the abusive one in those relationships!
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 11:12 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• She needs to handle her emotions, and get attention in a calmer, smoother way.
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Abuse is wrong no matter what. No she didnt get what she deserved. What she deserved was someone who loved her enough to get her put into a mental facility to be evaluated.

Answer by gemgem at 11:26 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• She is definitely the abuser!It goes both ways,men shouldn't beat women and women shouldn't beat men!I'm sorry,but if I pulled a stunt like that I would expect to get a beat down because I know I would beat somebody down for doing that to me...
    MommyLove23

Answer by MommyLove23 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• No, she doesn't deserve it. Instead of beating her ass, they could easily call the cops & press charges on her. That might make her think these things through more thoroughly if she is constantly on probation.

A man should never harm a woman. Unless the woman is Wonder woman, a man is much stronger & can do much more harm to a woman than a woman can do to a man. Men are just more strong & women are less able to protect themselves from harm with all that streangth a man has.

If it was my friend, yes i would have stepped in. I would have grabbed that baseball bat & swung at him real hard. I cannot stand by & watch anyone get their ass beat to a pulp if there is something i can do about it.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:38 AM on Jan. 31, 2011