Yeast infection and pregnant adult content

I just found out I was pregnant over the weekend and woke up this morning with a yeast infection. We are military so before I can see an OB, I have to go to the clinic and pee in a cup and then wait a day or two to get the results and then make the appointment. So my question is, can I use a OTC yeast infection cream? For anyone who has experienced this, what did your OB tell you to do?

Braydens_Mama06

Asked by Braydens_Mama06 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My OB always told me to just use over the counter.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Go to the doc for a yeast infection and they will have you take a pregnancy test before they give you anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I'm not sure if you can use a cream while pregnant but there are other things you can do to try & get rid of it naturally like drink 100% natural Cranberry juice cuz that actually clings to the yeast & flushes it out & just try to shower often:) I had a yeast infection (but wasn't pregnant) & I did the above & got rid of it naturally within a few days - hope it helps:)
    Ellie15

Answer by Ellie15 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Not here they wont. The miitary clinic here sees a lot of people and only give a pregnancy test if you ask for one and the results take a day or two. Not to mention that I have an iceberg's chance in hell of getting an apointment. I'm uncomfortable, know it's a yeast infection, and don't want to wait if I don't have to.
    Braydens_Mama06

Comment by Braydens_Mama06 (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Over the counter creams are fine to use. But i would try to get an appointment asap. Plus drink lots of cranberry juice and try to avoid a lot of pop.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 11:25 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I had a yeast infection when I was pregnant with my first daughter, they just told me to drink lots of water, and go buy an over the counter cream and use it.

We are military as well, and I understand how it's such a process to go see the doctor and get results. LOL. Good luck:)
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 31, 2011