Something wrong inside of you?

Do you ever feel like there must be something so wrong with who/what you are? Like, do you get treated the same crappy way by nearly everyone in your life and think it just HAS to somehow be because there is something wrong with you?

If you've felt this way and managed to overcome it, what did you discover was wrong and how did you fix it?

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 11:08 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• This is going to sound flippant, but it's not. You need some Fried Green Tomatoes time. Sometimes the initial mess that can be made by finally standing up and telling off the people constantly nagging you can be intimidating. In the long run, especially when you're talking about people you have to deal with for the rest of your life, you'll feel better having stood up for yourself than trying to let it roll off your back. Even if they don't get it, it doesn't matter - all that matters is that you get it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:49 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• if you're like me, you really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, and you are certain if you were completely honest with this person(s), you'd have hell to pay, or others would lose respect for you. (i know..doesn't sound much like me..but IRL, it fits)..you just don't want to be the one to rock the boat, and you'd do anything to avoid the storm.
    the thing is, sometimes you have to upset the normal way of doing things. the simple reason they are taking advantage of you or treating you in ways you don't want to be treated is because you let them do it. you haven't spoken up in the past, you've learned its just easier to 'let it go..this time'..but 'this time' has lasted too long, and you are resentful. I KNOW!!
    to avoid this repeating itself, stay away from these people, and if questioned about it, be honest and tactful about your feelings with them. tell them the truth, no matter how nasty..the truth will set you free!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• 1st I turned my back on Catholic Christianity.

2nd I met a couple "Earth Religion Practitioners"

3rd Studied studied studied

4th Lived happily ever after
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I know exactly what you're saying. I weigh 230 lbs. You'd think I'd be hard to miss, wouldn't you? But I have had clerks at store start waiting on the person BEHIND me in line, instead of me. For the 25 yrs. I worked at the library, I might as well have been invisible. My co-workers would talk over me while I was in the middle of saying something at staff meetings. And your own family can disrespect you and take you for granted. I had to speak up. To get my mother to recognize that I was an adult with my own path. To get my teenaged kids to listen to me. To get clerks to "see" me. At work, I just stopped talking. Stopped participating. There's a point when you just have to realize that it doesn't matter. And as an angel pointed out to me once, if you don't respect you, why should anyone else? You are an embodiment of the goddess power. If they won't respect you, walk away. Remember, who YOU are is important!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:58 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You can only be treated how you allow yourself to be treated. If people disrespect you, call them out on it. Demand that people treat you right, if they continue to treat you badly, you say BUH BYE!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I have and worked through it with prayer and healing of the inner wounds.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You are better than those ppl who are treating you like crap... you need to tell them this... My family once did the same thing
    to me... I simply stopped ALL contact with them for yrs... I stopped participating with any and all family functions, phone calls,etc...
    and eventually THEY started to respect ME for who I AM and not for who they thought I was...
    You need to see yourself in a more positive way, tell your self that you ARE NOT a crappy person, that the ppl treating
    you like that are... you have to have more inner strength and be able to stand up to them ....
    It's not easy and if they have been doing this to you for yrs, it's even harder to get that courage up to do what needs to
    be done to make them stop... But YOU can do it...

Good Luck
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:13 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• If you feel this way then maybe you are surrounding yourself with the wrong people. You know the saying "dress for success"?? It applies to everything in our lives. Be positive, work hard, be confident, surround yourself with positive, smart, educated classy people. You can be anything you want to be, but it is up to you and you need to work at it. Nothing in life comes easy. Don't settle for anything but the best. I am not saying to be mean or turn your back on people but just know that others who are making you feel this way are just dragging you down into their own misery. Rise above them!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:23 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Got rid of the people who treated me crappy.  There are plenty of people out there who will appreciate you for who you are.  First though, you have to appreciate yourself.  You will attract a whole different kind of person when you start being okay with you.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You have every right to stand up for yourself when someone is treating you badly. How you do it and what you say is the key. I have some advice if you like. When I am faced in a situation like that, I use calm body language, direct eye contact ***most important***, and a faint smile. I sort of become this "actress." Ahhh! This has taken practice, unfortunately is ya KWIM? You can say small facts in short sentences about that persons behavior such as "You are being rude to me and I do not like this." I have a rude family member also, mama and I am currently dealing with a situation at work and I am getting tired of parenting an adult at work haha. I have more to say but I do not know your circumstances. Just do not let people intimidate you and remain focused. There are so many simple things you can do and it is good to know that you have choices.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:45 PM on Jan. 31, 2011