first pregnancy

can someone tell me everythin about pregnancy cuz this will be my first pregnancy i need to know about being sick and things like that

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Jennu mcCarthy has a great book about pregnancy, it is very honest and blunt.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 7:15 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• my favorite book on pregnancy was "the girlfriends guide to pregnancy"
    myboysnme

Answer by myboysnme at 7:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• It is so hard for someone to tell you everything about pregnancy. Everyone is different and every pregnancy is different. Here are some things that worked for me. If I had morning sickness I would eat either saltine crackers or papaya tablets, you can get those at a health food store. I was tired all the time and usually went to bed by 8:00 most nights.

Hope they help. Congrats and good luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:17 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• do you get cramps like a period? that come and go?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• It would take days to explain everything that happens during pregnancy. Your best bet would be to join the "Pregnancy" group here on CM, and join a site like babycenter and read ALL the articles. We can't do all the work for ya, unfortunately =] But congrats and good luck! I'm almost through with my first pregnancy, it's been one hell of a ride.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:42 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I did get alot of cramps. Its growing pains. Your body is changing so much that you will get cramps. But if you get BRIGHT RED blood then you need to rush to the ER.
    Ashlynsmommy06

Answer by Ashlynsmommy06 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Well, there's a whole lot to say about pregnancy! I did get cramps, I felt like I was going to get my period. It drove me crazy but it was nothing. If you have any questions, you can message me. Also, I got the book The Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy and I thought it was really good. It has the week by week development of the baby and changes in you and whole whole bunch of info and even a small part about newborn care and BF.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yeah, read the Jenny McCarthy book! I agree with the first post. I laughed and cried. That book scared the shit out of me, but it was also a lot of great info! I laughed most of the way through it too. Also, my fav book while I was pregnant was What to Expect When You're Expecting. It goes month by month what you should be feeling and what to expect at your next doc appointment. It answers tons of questions too. I read it every day with my first. Good luck on your pregnancy!
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 11:27 AM on Nov. 15, 2008