Good ideas for implementing exercise on a tight schedule?

I always intend to try to fit exercise in but it is easier said than done with 3 kids, working full time and going to school full time. I attempted to do the workout at lunchtime thing and I just hate getting all hot and sweaty and then have to go back to work, but trying to do it after work does not really work out well for me in regards to a sitter. When it warms up and stays light out longer I walk while the kids ride their bikes, but I would like to do something that I can work in now any ideas?

2boysnaprincess

Asked by 2boysnaprincess at 11:33 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I like to crank up the music when Im at home & break a sweat dancing. The kids join in & we all dance, laugh, act silly & I sneak in a lil work out all at the same time. My son has a little toy basket ball on his door in his room & me & him play basket ball. I guess jus join in with the kids & their play time ur bound to get a work out. U know their energy is never ending!
    tiamesmer

Answer by tiamesmer at 11:43 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I like to work up a sweat while cleaning the house. That way, you kill two birds with one stone.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 12:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• What about taking a walk, at least, at lunchtime?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• a walk is a good idea if it weren't freezing here. Yesterday it was sub zero temps.
    2boysnaprincess

Comment by 2boysnaprincess (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• do you have stairs you could walk at work?
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• nope flat, and my knees would hate me if we did
    2boysnaprincess

Comment by 2boysnaprincess (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• There's a man here who walks around the grocery store several times and then does his shopping. If you could do the stairs at work or maybe just walk around the building inside. Or go to a local mall, big department store, etc
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Park farther away or just walk on your breaks.
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• When my husband actually works out, he does it in the morning before anyone else is up.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• park further from the door, take the stairs, use cleaning as exercise
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2011