What to do?

Our neighbors have a son about a year older than our 5 yr old. They get along great and played all summer long running around outside between our houses. Now it is winter here and they have not seen much of each other. Neighbor mom is pregnant. Last night my son went down to play, and he had a great time and was invited back today when neighbor gets home from school. BUT, our son came home just reeking of cigarette smoke. His hair, coat, clothes. It was so gross. Mom has made comments on fb about her DH and his smoking, and I can't believe she puts up with it inside, esp while pregnant. We want our son to be happy, have friends etc, but I really have reservations about sending him down there if the smoke is that thick. His health needs to come first. What would you do? I am thinking of inviting neighbor boy to our home instead..not as fun for our son I am sure, but he really reeked when he came home. I fed him dinner and put him right in the tub and his coat in the wash.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• I would invite the neighbor kid over, but, he will still smell too.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• It would be better to have them at your house, and I would speak with the mother and say why you can't let him play there as often.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:53 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Have him to your house. Get some inexpensive things for them to play with to make it fun, bake with them, etc
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I would have the boy over and maybe do an every other time thing. This way, they both get to have extra fun.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 31, 2011