Mil and money!

Another mil nightmare! Of course she is complaining about her lot in life! Never has enough, can't do this or that, why won't god just take me etc...

My dh has agreed (I am cautiously agreeing) to buy her a place to live in southern Cali. She asked if I was ok with it and he said I agree because it is all for the best. It gets her out of my home! She is supposed to pay half of the monthly mortgage whatever it ends up being. I will believe when it actually happens. She stopped making payments and has been evicted before.

Would you agree to this purchase? Knowing it is yours in the end?

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 11:49 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• I would pay anything to get my MIL out of my hair.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yes.  Only if I could afford to make the entire payment myself.  If you can't make it if she doesn't pay her share, then no I wouldn't do it.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Why don't you just rent her an apartment? I would think twice about carrying the burdens of 2 homes! You didn't say how old she was, but I don't think if she has defaulted before I would be signing up to run 2 households! Good luck, and get rid of her ASAP! (lol)
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:53 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• yeah why not... she'll be out or your house and then you'll have another house in the end so it sounds like a win win.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 1:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Only if you can make the payments yourself and are prepared to evict your MIL if you have to. Honestly, even if I could I probably wouldn't.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:53 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I agree with MrsHouston47302, You don't want it to be your butt on the line if she screws up. Which seems likely given her history..
    Amayawolf

Answer by Amayawolf at 11:56 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I wouldn't unless I knew I could afford to carry it...and without holding a grudge, or that I could carry it and find a renter if she didn't hold up her end. If getting her out of your home is a priority, then I would seriously weigh this as a good option.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:14 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Agree with mrshouston.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yes but only as Mrs Houston said. Never reley on others, only yourself!!!!
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yes. In the end it will be yours and if you can afford it, then go for it.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2011