Did any of you just know the sex of your baby before you found out?

I had dreams and just had the strongest feeling that we were having a girl and sure enough i was right and i found out we are having a girl. Im 18 weeks fri!

did any of you just know and any clues as to how you knew?

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 11:57 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• With my daughter I had a dream about when I was 10 weeks along of a baby girl giggling in a pink dress and that point on I figured I was having a girl and I did. With my son I didn't have any dreams but I kept hoping for a boy and I got him. :)
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I always knew I would have 3 boys. I just knew. With my first son, the doctor actually told me I was having a girl after the ultra-sound. He also had a fast heart beat, but I went home and painted the nursery blue. Everyone thought I was crazy (they don't think that anymore), then after several miscarriages, and a tubal pregnancy, I was told I couldn't have any more babies, but I still managed to have two more, with the 3rd my husband bet me a pair of diamond earrings he was a girl, he would have gotten stuff for his electric train....I have diamond earrings. When my cousin (who is exactly the same age as me) came to see my 3rd son after he was born she brought a gift. It was in a very small box, when I opened it, I found something I had entirely forgotten about. In it was a folded piece of paper, at 16, we'd each written on it we'd each written how many kids we thought we'd have, and what they'd be....I had written 3 boys.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:03 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I always felt I would have 2 boys. I talked about doing things with the boys before I was even pregnant. My husband would remind me it could be a girl and we would laugh about it! I had two boys! I do now wish I had tried for a girl but I bet I would have had another boy.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I did.....and I cant explain it.....but one week after my dh and I had unprotected sex I told him I KNEW I was pregnant he thought I was crazy and couldnt possibly know....but I was right...

Then about 6 weeks later after we KNEW I was pregnant....I told him it was a girl....I even bought pink....I just KNEW....I already have 1 boy and 1 girl...so it really didnt matter to me, but I just knew.

When we went for the ultrasound I wasnt even worried or nervous..I just told DH that is was my confirmation and to also prove to him that I was right again. I was not shocked or surprised at all :)

I still remember being so confident and having this undeniable knowledge :) Little girl will be born any day now :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I had a gut feeling 3 times and all 3 times were right! 2 boys 1 girl :)
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 1:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yeah. This is my second pregnancy and compared to the first one which was my daughter I knew only a little boy could be causing me such a nightmare!!!
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 1:29 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yeah, I waited until my son was born to find out, but I always dreamed I was pregnant with a boy, and in conversation I always inadvertently referred to him as "him". My mom had 4 and she "just knew" with all four of us!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:03 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• My sister had a dream that my baby is a girl. We haven't found out yet, but we're wondering if she'll be right! She was right once before with guessing the sex of her sister-in-law's baby girl. We'll see!
    Interesting article: Are Women Carrying “Basketballs” Really Having Boys? Testing Pregnancy Folklore
    Deborah F. Perry MA, Janet DiPietro PhD, Kathleen Costigan RN, MPH
    July31Baby

Answer by July31Baby at 2:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• With both of my pregnancies, I had dreams, and just had the feeling that they were both going to be girls, and they both were :)
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2011