Couple of questions

My 16mth old dd has tried walking on her own and has tooken steps but looks like she only wants to when she wants. She has walked around the living rm & even stopped once to look at the tv haha, I knw she can walk, she even walks around on her knees. What can i do to encourage it more? Oh and how often should a kid her age drink her cup? She drinks alot!

mercy928

Asked by mercy928 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• drink her cup of what?
    Anonymous

• Let her walk on hr own. She will fully walk when she is ready. She knows how but the other way is faster. My son knew how to walk but would only crawl for the longest time because he got places faster that way. As far as the cups go. I give my kids each a cup of milk at meals and then cups of water though out the day. They get as much water as they want.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• She drinks it all mainly milk & some juice & water. But its just how often she wants it. She drunk like 2 sippy cup fulls of milk in like 2hrs!! Is this part of a growth spurt or just her being thirsty, she is very active crawling around & pushing her push walker.
    mercy928

Comment by mercy928 (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• As she grows she will experience more motivation to walk as she sees other people walking and wants to keep up, so I wouldn't worry to much about it. Actually, DH and I used to get down on the floor facing each other and get our son to walk short distances back and forth between us, then cheer and shout for him. It was fun for all of us.

If she's drinking water out of her cup, that's great! Let her drink all she wants! She doesn't need juice, and milk is up to you, but water as great.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yea its just hard bc she cant tolerate too much water or she'll throw up! Adelicious we do that & she enjoys it as we clap & say yay good job but thats how she'll do it. I guess i just dnt want her to be behind. Shes the only crawler in her class at daycare
    mercy928

Comment by mercy928 (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I think that much milk in that short amount of time is too much IMO. It can make them constipated bad. Water is the best liquid. and i give my daughter water alll day long i dont ever restrict her from water. she doesnt drink milk (just cuz she doesnt like it ) and sometimes gets juice....

as far as walking... shell probably pick up on it quickly. i wouldnt worry.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• She should be drinking water

Answer by rkoloms at 6:09 AM on Feb. 1, 2011