When you went to Disney

how long were you there and how much did you spend?

I plan to see other attractions there, but haven't figured out which ones yet.
Not really interested in seeing much beyond the main attractions, no traveling across the state or anything.
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Travel

• was there for 3 days, I spent about $2000, but that includes plane tickets
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 12:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• A week, $6,000 and not once did any of my kids say Thank you so it won't happen again

Answer by admckenzie at 12:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• If you get the chance definitely do Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. We have been to Disney and didn't like it at all, but we love Universal and Islands.

SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 12:04 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I love Disneyland.....to this day, and I've been many times. This is the right time of year to go.Not including a place to stay, or the tickets, just for the day, I'd plan on $300-$400. You can eat cheaper by leaving the park for meals, and you could spend less if you don't buy souvenirs.

I also enjoy Universal Studios, Knott's Berry Farm, in Buena Parkwhich is fairly close to Disneyland. The Aquarium of the Pacific, which isn't too far, it's in Long Beach, the El Capitan theater in Hollywood shows Disney movies, but also has a live performance with Disney characters, it's a great experience.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Depends on if it's DisneyLAND or DisneyWORLD. DisneyLAND totally sucks, so I wouldn't recommend that - go to DisneyWorld in Florida. Get at least a 5 day hopper pass. You can use each day for one park (there are 4) and then use the last day to go back to revisit your favorites at each park.

We got a great deal on tickets last year and three of us got 5 day hopper tickets and a hotel for like $1000. Meals and other things extra, obviously.
    Anonymous

• Okay, Disney World!

Shows you how much I know about what I'm doing!

I need some help planning this trip.
    My kids eleven.
    I know he's probably old for Disney World, but I want him to experience it before he's really too old plus I kind of want to see it myself!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• 11 isn't too old for Disney World! They have something for EVERYONE there. Not to mention there are Disney parks to enjoy and they all have something completely different to offer. We live in FL, so we just go over for the day, so I'm not going to be able to tell you how much a family would spend. Check on the Disney website, you can get package deals if you stay on property. Then factor in the cost for other things you want to do, like Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, or Sea World (all 3 I recommend). OR You can rent a condo off property for about $1200 for the week and it will have private bedrooms and a kitchen and eat at least some of your meals in and save a ton of money on food. A very low ball estimate would probably be about $3k, but I would realistically want to save about $5k for it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• oops, that was supposed to say 'there are FOUR Disney parks to enjoy"
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• we have been there 5 times and spent $100.That was on food for 1 day for 5 people. I have a cousin who works there and she gets us hopper passes for free. My mom also lives 2 hours away so no hotel either
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:59 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• We stayed a week but we saw several attractions. Please be sure to purchase hoppers to keep your costs down and Disney also has savings on dining plans as we speak. The food can be pretty pricey if you don't plan ahead.

Another option can be to stay at a Disney value resort hotel that provides free breakfast if you choose not to get a dining plan ( at least you only have to worry about lunch and dinner)

In fact,plan everything ahead and try not to wing a thing ( just beverages alone can really cost you).

Also, here is one of the newest values:
    purchase a non-discounted 4-night, 4-day Magic Your Way vacation package at a select Disney Value Resort at the Walt Disney World® Resort for stays most nights Feb. 17 – April 16, April 28 – June 14, 2011 or Aug. 14 – Oct. 1, 2011, kids ages 3-9 stay and play FREE.

Hope that this helps.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 4:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2011