Do you stock up before a storm? If so what?

I normally avoid the store before a storm because we always are pretty stocked up but I needed some basics and the store was crazy busy for a Monday morning.

We live in a city so it just made me giggle a little seeing a person buying 4 cases of bottled water and the the person behind them with 3 cases of beer and a loaf of bread. I guess it could have been their normal shopping but there was a lot of that.

Charis76

Asked by Charis76 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Shopping

• I usually make sure we have the basics because I dont want to have to drive in the snow. You know, eggs, milk, of course stuff for sandwiches in case the power goes out, and cold cuts for the kids.
    I heard this snow storm alot of people are getting is going to be one of the worst ever though. As in historical.

Answer by gemgem at 12:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I know right? In Alabama, it usually doesn't snow much, but it has this year. There ain't no way you're getting any necessities at the store here, if it's gonna snow tomorrow. lol
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• We have such a good food storage that I don't usually feel the need, but I might run in if we are low on milk or something. BUT, I hit the convenience store and pay a little more to avoid the chaos and stupidity.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Water is your main need, and plenty of it. If you have a (camping) propane stove, then canned goods would be second. Toilet paper, batteries, flashlights, candles, or lanterns, Propane or battery operated heaters.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• batteries,canned gods,toilet paper,candles ,flashlight, fuel for generator, bread , milk essentials. we got a big one brewing now. :(
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• We're pretty stocked up since we did our shopping over the weekend, but there's probably a few thing I forgot, so it's off the the store later on!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 1:49 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• bottled water, bread, milk, gas, flashlights, batteries, canned goods, baby food or baby milk (if it applies to you) make sure I have blankets
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 7:06 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• we dont need to
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:46 AM on Feb. 2, 2011