36 weeks pregant, lost the mucus plug almost a week ago, 1 cent dilated, 50% effaced and baby is at -1? Any idea how much longer. contractions are coming but irregular.

AngieD003

Asked by AngieD003 at 8:47 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Could be days....could be weeks! You never know so just wait and see what happens! GL!! :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:54 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• FYI, mucous plugs can grow back. It's living tissue. Don't get too excited. At 36 weeks you still need a little more time. It will be over before you know it. I know it doesn't feel like that now.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 9:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I was the same at 34 weeks. Had my little stud muffin at 38 weeks, because I was induced.
    Ashlynsmommy06

Answer by Ashlynsmommy06 at 9:48 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• It could be today or weeks from now! I was engaged and started dilating with DD when I was 36 weeks! I had to have my water broken when I was 40+ weeks!!! I was 3cm dilated for about a week! I hope you don't go past due like me....but 36 weeks is a little early. Hopefully your LO will stay in at least another week. Good luck!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Everyone is right. I was in almost the exact same place as you... and had my daughter weeks later. Relax, enjoy this while you've got it. If you are anything like me, you will miss your pregnancy horribly once it's over!
    theitalian3721

Answer by theitalian3721 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Everyone is different. I lost my mucus plug, was 4 cm dilated, and 80% effaced for weeks....you'll have your baby soon but no telling when. Good luck
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 4:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• 37 week is considered full term. I had my last one at 36 weeks and 6 days. She was 7 lb 14 oz. Hopefully it will come quick for you as well. Lots of labor vibes
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 10:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• you seem to be progressing well, so congrats...but dont count on an early baby yet. Just relax and enjoy your last few weeks of being pregnant because you will never love your belly as much as you do now.
    OmsYankeeMama

Answer by OmsYankeeMama at 10:37 AM on Nov. 16, 2008