Acne and makeup

After DD my face went ape s**t!!

Break out after break out.. No place on my face was safe (That rhymes Ha!)

I tried proactiv...Tore my face UP! That was almost 7 months ago and I am just now getting the area it messed up cleared.

I have also tried, Murad, Walmart brand, Nuetrogena, Noxema, the OCM and many more.

For the past month or 2 I have been using Cetaphil in the morning, followed by St. Ives scrub, then this orange liquid whose name I cannot remember right now (because I am too lazy to get up and check the bathroom) and depending on whether i'm going outside or not... I use Aveeno Moisturizer. Twice a day.

And YAY! Past few days i've woken with no blemishes!! YES, YES I SAY!!

Now to my new problem. Makeup. I do have acne scars and I would like to cover them up.
I've been told to use mineral powder but I also know that alot of those use talc powder.

I don't want to use something that is just going to break me back out.

I was also told to either buy the make up online or at walmart because either way I can take it back and let them know I had a reaction to it. Places like target won't allow that.

So ladies I ask you... Mineral makeup good for acne prone skin? If not, what is?

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 12:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Well..now that your face has cleared up this is Wonderful!!
    1) make sure you wear sunscreen..this will help those spots not become darker because of the sun
    2) everyone's skin is different..me myself have combination skin so i dont like oily makeup
    3) try neutrogena make up..it says it leaves your skin looking healthier
    4) at last..yes it will be expensive trying new products that you are comfortable w/n enjoy using..but you only have one face..
    it and you deserve to turn heads each and every second w/and w/o makeup u still should feel flawless!!
    mommyomg247

Answer by mommyomg247 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• They have oil free makeup that is good for ane prone skin. I would use liquid & not a powder.

To treat acne, mix your aveeno moisturizer with a tiny pinc of 10% benzoil peroxide acne cream & spread all over your face. The moisurizer will keep your face moist while the acne cream will kill teh bacteria that causes acne. Acne usually cmes back, because the acne producs dry yoru face otu so much that the face over produces oil making more acne. This prevents that from happenng.

As far as makeup goes, go to a good makeup store & choose a liquid foundation that is water based & good for acne prone skin. Make sure it's not oil based.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• sorry for all my typo's, just got a new keayboard & I'm still not used to it. Hope that makes sense.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• you will need a concealer first then you can use mineral makeup witch is fine.. but something first to cover the scars..

Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 1:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2011