Hair Extensions?

So I have medium length hair and my hair just does not grow any longer than this! I hate it. I really want something different and I've always wanted long hair so badly! lol So I found this site called proextensions.com....they are between 75 and 150. I'm thinking about getting the 75 which is 14" length.

So my question is...I'm in college. I've been attending for about 3 weeks now...do you think it'd be weird to just show up with long hair? lol

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Ok, be careful what you are ordering off the internet. In most states human hair is non refundable. Make for sure the color matches before you spend that kind of money. Are they clip ins? Because I would never spend that much on clip ins.

I actually specialize in wigs, extensions, and hair peices. So if you have any questions, hit me up.

It's really funny, actually several of my clients said it took others a minute to realize what was different about them! lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Musicmom80........they are clip-ins. They also sell cheap color swatches to make sure it matches or a color ring too.

Where should I get clip on extensions if there are some cheaper?
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• If you just want clip ins go to Sally Beauty Supply.

I guess I'm not a huge fan of them for regular everyday use, because the metal clips rub and snap the hair over time. I actually had a client with bald spots where she put the clips.
    They wan't to sell you a swatch ring? That is strange. You can find other stores in your area as well. Google human hair sales and your city and state. You can get those for 30 bucks! You can even make your own super easy.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:00 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Hey I found something...check it out and let me know what you think :) Its in my city too. http://www.palazah.com/100-human-hair-indian-remi-remy-silky-straight-p-6643.html
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• If it's a store, then you are on the right track! You can also call local supply stores and ask if they carry them as well.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• oh nvm those dont have clips :(
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• You can add clips to them SUPER EASY! I can show you.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• foxylocksextensions.com great site for hair extensions from the uk i believe! my cousin orders it from there and the hair is great.
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• you have to be careful ordering hair, just bc it says 100% human hair doesn't meant that it is indeed human, unless it says something like indian or european or chinese hair you don't know for sure if it's human bc there are no guidelines on what they can put on packaging to make it appealing to you. if it says 100% human hair it means that it "acts" like human hair when you add water or heat and it will create a hydrogen bond when heat or a wet set is applied but adding chemicals it could fry.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Yes another valid point. Where did the hair come from. See they can get away with saying 100% human hair and add a few strands of human hair mixed with yak or afgahan hound fur. As long as they put some human hair in it. I always get a MSDS sheet on any hair I carry for customers due to allergies. But if you are just using them for going out, it doesn't matter as much what they are. Clip ins end up needing to be replaced after a few months of use.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2011