tattoo on spine.....

have you had one and how bad did it hurt??what would u compare it to? and also i wana know what yall think i was thinking about getting a rose withe the stem going down my back with 4 leafs on it and in the leafs putting 1st:R.I.P 2nd: Tina 3rd:may 18 1970 4th: july 23 2002 in honor of my mom ho passedaway what do yall think??

Mommmy_To_3

Asked by Mommmy_To_3 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Sounds pretty....but I've heard the spine and the ribs are the most sensitive. EEK. I wouldn't but that's just me. Haha good luck!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i haven't but it sounds painful.. but if you can handle it then do it.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 12:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I have a tattoo on each of my shoulder blades on my back, and then one in the center over the spine. The ones on my shoulder blades felt like hundreds of little bees stinging me. The one in the middle felt like a thousand little bees stinging me and poking me in the backbone with little metal spears. Yes, it hurt.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:59 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Everyone's different.
    I had an ankh of my own design tattoo'd on my spine, it tickled and felt good pretty much.
    I had a geisha and a mountain lion on my side, and it was agony.

Different days, different tattooists, differentt needles and machines can all affect how painful a tattoo is to you.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 1:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• I have a tattoo in between my shoulder blades and it goes across my spine. for me it didn't hurt that much although I have a high tolerance for pain. I think you tattoo sounds cool. I am not going to say it won't hurt I just think it all depends on what you can handle for pain.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Any tattoo close to the bone will hurt a LOT. And, it's dangerous near or on the spine. Make sure you check out the artist and company where you plan to go. Check with Better Business Bureau. See if they have any negative reports. Ask your friends who is the best. Check out their licenses when you go. Talk to them when you get there. Ask to see their equipment. See if they have a sterilizer. See if the workplace is clean. And, because it's on your back, who lives with you that can help the first few days or week with putting on the ointment and covering with saran wrap? This is an important step. You have a lot to think about, my dear.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 1:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• well i gave birth naturally 2 times i have 2 tas already on on my right side calf and on my right to wrist they didnt hurt but where they curved down om my hand stung and i also have piercing (ALOT) and they didnt bother me either i have a good pain tollerance so i think im just gana suck it up and get it if it hurts it will only last for a hr or 2...well worth it to me lol has alot of meaning!!! thank you ladies
    Mommmy_To_3

Comment by Mommmy_To_3 (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Jan. 31, 2011