How do baby socks get lost in the dryer?

wink6877

Asked by wink6877 at 9:14 AM on Nov. 15, 2008 in General Parenting

• the sock fairy!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 9:21 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Ya know, I never really have this problem... I have heard that using a little mesh bag to put all of the socks in before you wash them works wonders, though.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 9:22 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yeah, the sock fairy steals them xD

Honestly, I think the socks get sucked up behind the actual washer compartment and maybe sucked out through the hose. If you look in the washer (or at least in mine lol) there's a little rim around the top where stuff could potentially go over.

And I agree with heather, I've heard that lingerie bags make socks virtually impossible to lose. I personally don't know where to get them though, so I haven't washed any of my baby's socks yet haha. (I'm still pregnant =])
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:26 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• In my house we blame the dryer gnomes. Damn gnomes are everywhere.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:30 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I dont know where they go. I blame my daughter because she takes them off everywhere around the house. LOL
    Ashlynsmommy06

Answer by Ashlynsmommy06 at 9:39 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I usually say the washer got hungary! I know not too long ago a sock got stuck in the drain of my washer so the water would not drsin. My hubby had to take the washer apart and take the sock out and put the darn thing back together. Needless to say I am shocked the washer even still works after he got so mad at it for not wanting to go back together easily for him! I swear he got into a full on fight with it! Now I laugh but that day we had to stay out of his hair! He was one not so happy daddy!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• From the time of birth it is written somewhere that a mother will never see a pair of socks ever again. From this point on you will have missing socks. Then pass this onto the next generation :)
    leeleesboys

Answer by leeleesboys at 9:55 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• The underpants gnomes have branched out in their enterprise.

Step one- collect socks.
    Step 2- ....
    Step 3- Profit.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 9:56 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• A lot of times I find them stuck inside other items. I'll be putting clean sheets on the bed and a little sock will fall out. Putting on my pjs, oh another sock.
    femomof3

Answer by femomof3 at 9:58 AM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Thank you, Tessa. I choked on my coffee and I'm now singing the underpants gnomes song.

I think the sock monster comes and eats them.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 10:02 AM on Nov. 15, 2008